{26} WEASLEY'S BURROW

Start from the beginning

"Please, don't blame yourself, Mrs. Weasley," Mia responded softly. "I'm just grateful to be out of there now, and safe with all of you." Her gentle reassurance conveyed her understanding and gratitude, aiming to alleviate Mrs. Weasley's feelings of guilt.

"I know, dear, but I can't help but feel responsible for your safety," Molly responded, her voice carrying a mix of sadness and determination. "We'll make sure you're safe from now on, Mia. You're part of our family now."

Mia smiled softly

Mrs. Weasley: Well, you'd best hope that I don't put bars on your window, Ronald Weasley! [She starts softening instantly.]

Laughter filled the room as everyone began to chuckle at Ron's comical expression.

Mrs. Weasley: Come on, Mia. Time for a spot of breakfast. [Ginny is running down the stairs.] Here we are, Mia. Now tuck in. That's it. There we go.
Ginny: Mum. Mummy, have you seen my jumper?
Mrs. Weasley: Yes dear. It was on the cat [Ginny looked wide eyed at Mia.]
Mia: Hello. [Ginny runs off] W-what did I do?
Ron: Ginny. She's been talking about you all summer. Bit annoying, really.

Ginny scoffed at her brother. "And you didn't?" she retorted.

Ron rolled his eyes and respond with a nonchalant "Shut up."

Molly interjected with a warning, "Children!"

[Mr. Weasley comes in.]
Mr. Weasley: Morning, Weasleys.
Fred, George and Ron: Morning, Dad.
Mrs. Weasley: Morning Arthur!
Mr. Weasley: What a night. Nine raids. Nine!
Mia: [to Ron] Raids?
Ron: Dad works in the Ministry of Magic. In the Misuse of Muggle Artifacts Office. Dad loves Muggles. Thinks they're fascinating
Mr. Weasley: [sitting down] Well now. Ah. [glancing at their guest] And who are you?

"I was confused. Usually, you only see redheads at the table," Arthur mused, eliciting laughter from the others.

Mia smiled and joined in the laughter, enjoying the moment of lightheartedness and camaraderie.

"I guess I'm an exception then," Mia quipped playfully, her laughter blending in with the others'.

Mia: Oh, sorry sir. I'm Mia, sir, Mia Potter
Mr. Weasley: Good Lord, are you really? Ron's told us all about you, of course. When did she get here?
Mrs. Weasley: (darkly) This morning. Your sons flew that enchanted car of yours to Surrey and back last night
Mr. Weasley: Did you really! How'd it go?! [Mr. Weasley catches Mrs. Weasley's eye. Fred, George, Ron and Mia are hiding their laughter.]

Molly shook her head at her family with a fond smile before glancing at Arthur and playfully shoving his shoulder, adding to the jovial and light-hearted atmosphere.

Fred, George, Ron and Mia: Oh, it...
Mrs. Weasley: Arthur! [Everyone except Molly is trying very hard to stop laughing.]
Mr. Weasley: I mean...that was very wrong, indeed, boys. Very wrong of you. Now, Mia, you must know all about Muggles. Tell me, what exactly is the function of a rubber duck?
Mia: Oh, umm...

"That's an interesting question."

"I still want to know the answer." Arthur said.

[An owl screeches in the distance]
Mrs. Weasley: Well, that'll be Errol with the post. [Errol flies right towards the house, but slams into the window and falls] Oh, fetch it will you Percy, please?
Percy: [getting up and walking to the window] Errol... [he rises up]
Ron: He's always doing that.
Percy: [taking the letters from Errol and examining them] Oh look, it's our Hogwarts letters. And they've sent us Mia's as well.
Mr. Weasley: Dumbledore must know you're here, Mia. Doesn't miss a trick, that man.
Mrs. Weasley: Oh, no.
Fred: This lot won't come cheap, Mum. The spell books alone are very expensive.