Chapter 32 - A Christmas to Remember

Почніть із самого початку

"I'm sure glad Ginny got me these robes," commented Ron. "If she hadn't gotten that money for catching Crouch Jr., I would've had to wear that ghastly creation mum gave me and been the laughing stock of the school."

"Yeah, from what you and Ginny said, they must've been awful."

"I wish Ginny would tell me who this 'really nice girl' is that she's set me up with. All I know about her is that she's supposedly got beautiful blonde hair and is interesting to talk to."

Harry chuckled. "I do agree that I'd want to know who I'm going out with. But then again, it's your own fault. You should've asked som…"

"I know. I know. She's probably teaching me a lesson. I just hope it's not some ugly troll nobody else wants to date."

"Just remember to be nice no matter who it is, mate. Even if you don't like her, it's not her fault. She's doing you a favor by going with you."

Ron sighed. "I guess."

-ASM-

Before they knew it, Harry, Ron, and Neville were standing in the Gryffindor common room waiting for the girls. Ron's date was supposed to meet him just outside the Great Hall, so he was waiting to walk down there with the rest of them.

Ginny came down first in amber robes that really suited her. Neville immediately walked up to her. "Y-you look b-b-beautiful, G-Ginny." She blushed.

"I agree," said Harry. "You do look very nice."

"Thank you, Neville and Harry. You both look good as well." She shot Ron a quick glare for not politely complimenting her.

"Do you know if Hermione's about ready yet?" asked Harry.

"Yes. She'll be down any second now."

As though summoned, Harry's girlfriend appeared on the staircase, and all thoughts of anything besides Hermione flew out of Harry's head. He'd never remember what she wore that night, but he'd always remember how beautiful she looked. He took her hand when she reached the bottom of the staircase and looked deep into her eyes.

"You look…so…" He took a deep breath. "gorgeous, beautiful, perfect. I…"

He was silenced by a quick kiss. "Thank you very much, Mr. Potter," she said while her cheeks turned pink. "You look quite handsome, yourself. Shall we go?"

Harry didn't pay much attention to what was said as he walked hand-in-hand with his angel, obeying the philosophy, 'Follow the pretty girl,' as she led him down the staircases until finally they were outside the doors of the Great Hall. Harry was taken out of his trance by Ron's voice.

"We're here, Ginny. Where's my date?"

"Right there," answered Ginny as she pointed out a girl with waist-length blonde hair. She was wearing a sleeveless dark blue dress with twinkling stars and an animated picture of Santa Claus riding his reindeer-pulled sleigh, landing on various rooftops. She was also wearing a necklace made of butterbeer caps. She had protuberant eyes, and her wand was held behind her left ear. "Come here, Luna."

Ron's eyes bulged out when he saw the necklace. As Luna walked toward them, Ginny whispered, "If you're not nice to her, bat bogeys won't be the only thing you're running from." Ron swallowed.

"Er, Hello, Luna. I'm Ron Weasley."

"I know," she answered. "I'm Luna Lovegood. Ginny said you're so desperate for a date that you'll take me. Since I'm a third year, this is the only way I can come." She then turned to the others. "You're Harry Potter."

"I know," replied Harry with a smirk.

"And you're Hermione Granger. A lot of people think you should've been a Ravenclaw."