Chapter 9 - Practicing Magic

Start from the beginning

Finally, after ten minutes of lying on the ground being tortured by bat bogies, Harry was released from his hexes by Hermione. His face was red and the girls were laughing at him, but the only thing he said once he got up was, "Defend yourself!"

This time, he avoided Ginny's hexes and, in fact, did manage to petrify her and eventually stupefy Hermione.

After a few more duels, which got longer and longer as all of them improved, Hermione declared, "Harry and I have got to go now. Bye, Ginny."

"Bye guys," replied the redhead.

"By the way," said Harry, "we're bringing Hermione's parents here for a bit of a magic show this afternoon. They've been anxious to actually see Hermione do magic ever since we told them about the place. We made them wait until you were done so they could see what a wizarding house should look like. You can stay and help if you'd like, or you can make sure to avoid them. It's up to you."

Ginny commented, "You know, I never thought about it. Muggle parents send their kids to school to learn magic, but never actually get to see what their kids learn. I'd love to be part of your show."

"Yeah," agreed Hermione, "Oh, and while I'm thinking about it, we're having a small party at my house tomorrow at two-thirty. You, and I suppose Ron, are invited."

"I'd love to go. I'll ask Ron later tonight. I guess we'll need my mum's permission. How about if I let you know tomorrow morning?"

"Okay. We hope you can come."

-ASM-

The couple left Ginny, after planning out the magic show, and went home for lunch, and then rode their bikes to the karate class, where they learned a method of blocking a punch. After class, Hermione told Neville, "We're having a small party at my house tomorrow after class, and we'd like you to come."

Neville looked surprised, "Y-You would?"

"Of course we would, Neville," assured Harry. "Why wouldn't we?"

"My parents will be picking us up, and you can ride home with us. We can get you home from there. You are on the floo network, right?" Harry stared at Hermione blankly from behind Neville, afraid she was going to tell him about Sirius' house.

"Of course, but I didn't think that muggle houses were?"

"My house isn't, but Ginny has a portkey to her house. You should be able to leave with her and Ron, and then floo home from there," explained Hermione. Harry appeared relieved.

At that moment, Neville's gran walked up and Hermione told her about the party. The older woman seemed happy that Neville was invited and assured them he could go. As they were leaving, Hermione commented, "Bye the way, we'll probably use the swimming pool so bring swimming trunks."

Neville paled at that, but his grandmother promised, "I'll make sure he doesn't forget them."

-ASM-

When they got home, they were met by Hermione's parents, who seemed extremely excited about the magic show they were about to witness. Her dad asked, "When do we leave?"

"Er, now, if you're ready?" she answered. When her parents both nodded, she took off her necklace and instructed, "Grab onto this, and don't let go until we're there." When Harry, Marissa, and Adam were holding the necklace, Hermione said, "House Two Now."

Her parents seemed startled by the feeling of traveling by portkey, but held on as they were instructed. When they landed at Sirius' house, Adam commented, "That was weird. But it was also fast. Do you think you could make a portkey between our house and our office?"