I just realized that I didn't even know his name at that time.

"O....kay. How... ar... are... you?"

"I am good. You seem to be nervous. What's up? Not feeling well?"

"N....No..... jus... just... nerv....nervous". I couldn't talk any more. I as just breathing heavily into the phone.

"Ok Sanyukta. I think you are too nervous to talk now. I understand. I will maybe give you a call some other time. Bye."

I was not even able to say bye. I placed the receiver on the phone. My cousins immediately started giggling and asking, "What did you guys talk.. how was his voice.. etc etc". I was too shocked to pay attention to them, forget about answering them.

*****************

Randhir started calling me everyday after that. For the first couple of days, we talked for only maybe 10-15 mins. That too, he did most of the talking. I didn't have a cell phone, and so he had to call the landline - which meant that there were always people around me when I talked to him. That really embarrassed me. I couldn't talk to him freely :-( So, there were no romantic talks yet. It was just "Hi", "Bye", and getting to know a bit about each other.

11th May 2011

Today was the 4th day since I first talked to Randhir.

Randhir: "So, how are things going?"

Me: "Going fine.. How is it going for you?"

Randhir: "Going ok... "

Just then, my mom called out to me - "Sanyukta, you have a courier... come here"

I asked Randhir to hold on for a moment and went to collect the courier. It was a brown colour package. I signed for it and received the package. Had it been some other time, I would have been curious to open it right there. But, since Randhir was on the phone, I didn't really bother to check what was in the package or who had sent it.

Holding the package in my right hand, I picked up the phone receiver with my left hand.

Me: "Hi.. I am back"

Randhir: "What did mom say?"

Me: "Oh.. Nothing. It was just a package"

Randhir: "Package? What is in it?"

Me: "I don't know. I will open it after our call"

Randhir: "Why don't you open it now?" I can wait on the call"

Me: "That's ok.. Its not urgent. I can open it later"

Randhir: "It might be something important. Go ahead and check it out"

Me: "Well, Ok".

I opened the brown wrapping. There was a red gift wrap inside. Now, I started getting curious after seeing the gift wrap. I carefully removed the gift wrap. Inside, there was a white box. On the box, there was a photo of a cell phone. On the top of the box, there was this text in black, bold font - "Samsung SGX-5351 Cell Phone". I opened the box and took out the silver coloured cell phone. I was not able to guess who would have sent this to me. I wondered if it was meant for someone else and was delivered to me by mistake.

Randhir: "What happened? Are you there?"

Me: "Ya, I a here"

Randhir: "Did you open the package?"

Me: "Yes, It is a cell phone"

Randhir: "Oh.. who has gifted it to you?"

I was about to say "No", but then realized it could be Randhir who has gifted it.