On the way to her

A week after Lesslie's death, Jess was thinking but he couldn't stay alone and sad anymore.He was sure that somewhere there she was standing and calling for help. With hope in his heart that she didn't die, he prepared his bag with many things. Who knows, maybe they will help him. He quickly ate what he found and took some food with him. But before he got out, he bumped into his mother. " Where do you go so prepared?"she asked crossing her arms. "I wanted to take a short walk"Jess said quickly. "Well then,be careful then and don't come too late. ''OK Mom''. He said and quickly leaves the house . He reached the bridge to Terabithia, looked at the course of the water and oriented himself towards it. He had been walking for 2 hours and was starting to get disappointed. It seems he never stopped looking for her. He took the flashlight that he put in his bag. ''It seems that it was only a dream that I would have managed to find her'' When he was about to surrender, he noticed a small house. As he approached, he heard a small and faint scream. He looked out the window and saw a girl with blond hair. She was bound with ropes. He slipped in, when he tried to open the door, it was locked. With the help of a paper clip she had in her bag, she was able to open the door slightly and step inside. He revealed Lesslie. It really was her, his greatest wish to find Lesslie had indeed come true. His eyes were starting to water with happiness, but he knew there was no time for that. "Leslie!" he whispered, trying to untie her as quickly as possible. In the end he managed to untie it. They started to run because Lesslie picked up her pace. She was in danger so she told him: "Come on, we can't stay here, please". She begged him with fear. Jess knew that Lesslie wasn't like that usually and that meant it was very important. "Okay" he said and started running "But how did you get here and still tied up" . He looked at her with a raised eyebrow. "When the rope broke, well". Lesslie was trembling with fear. "Well...?" Jess was becoming more and more curious about what had happened. She calmed down, came back and started to explain what happened. "So" She looked at Jess who was waiting for the answer. "The rope broke, I fell into the water, the current kept moving me until a stranger took me with him and brought me to that house, when I asked him if he would release me home!" She looke sad. "He just tied me up and even this week he wanted to get rid of me, he wanted to sell me". She began to stammer, but he noticed that she began to cry. ""If you hadn't come to save me, I wouldn't be here anymore, thank you" Lesslie hugged him, she was still crying. " What happens?" Jess had asked too curious but also scared. "That person is horrible and if he finds out I escaped, he will try to find me and hurt me." Lesslie had become sad. "I'll protect you from now on and I'll never leave you alone again, I promise, I promise" Jess smiled to reassure her. "But are you sure you know the way?" Lesslie asked him "Well" Jess said. "I think I went there, or around there" Jess was silent for a bit and then he said. "That's it, I remembered, we find the river and walk by it". Continuing to run, Jess kept looking at Lesslie, smiling the way only he knew how. He seemed a little calmer than earlier. Every time he looked at her, he felt more relieved. He felt happier than ever. " Did something happen?" Suddenly Lesslie looked at him. "Nothing, it's just that I'm so happy that I found you" He smiled and nudged her elbow playfully. "I'm also glad to see you again," said Lesslie, continuing the journey with Jess.They finally reached the bridge to Terabithia. They were tired and their legs hurt. "Maybe now we can go slower" Said Jess. " Are you tired?" Lesslie was amused. "Mmm no" He startled. "Okay then, at 1 2 3, start" She smiled and started running. Jess was following her. "Probably mom is worried" Jess said closing her eyes for a moment. Jess was right, his mother had already called the police.