020. flirting with him [malleus]

• "Shall I give you a blessing?", he smirks as he asks you this question on your birthday. You cup his face gently. "You're my blessing, Malleus", you say with a soft smile on your face and Malleus looks at you with his signature surprised expression. Lilia chuckles, mumbling about how bold you are. Malleus is just awestruck. He doesn't know what to say at first. He's blushing and then takes your hands in his. "Thank you. I feel honored. It means a lot to me to hear that", he says genuinely and his thumb brushes over your hand softly.

• Malleus loves your little affections so much. He didn't know how starved he was for them until he experienced them for the first time. He treasures so much how ready you are to speak your mind, especially when it comes to telling him how you feel about him. Little does he know that's only a small part of how much you truly love him. You were a little late to the Masquerade Ball during the student exchange meeting, eventually opening the big door to the entrance hall of Noble Bell College for your big entrance. Malleus spots you almost immediately, marveling at how beautiful you looked, dressed up for the occasion. Your eyes meet his across the hall and you make your way over to him straight away, taking his hand in yours. "I really like this song they're playing right now. I think it's time for our first dance of the evening", you smirk at him, just waiting for him to follow you. Sebek is yelling at you how you could possibly have the audacity to not just assume you could dance with him but not even ask Prince Malleus Draconia 'Would you please share a dance with me?' first. But Malleus adores when you're bold.

• After all this time of people being too afraid to even talk to him, he's fascinated how assured you are to approach him with your wishes and requests with no hesitation. "You seem quite determined", he chuckles and leads you to the dancefloor. He's absolutely relishing in the fact that you walked into this event dead-set on getting a dance with him, implying your upcoming dance wouldn't be the last one that night either. It makes him feel so special. More than the treatment he receives from others as a prince does. Because it feels like you have seen right through him, accepted every part of him and decided you wanted all of it.

• You dance through the evening with Malleus, telling him how much you liked the song he presented as a gift for the other students.

• "I could listen to your voice for hours", you brush a strand of hair out of his face and Malleus leans into your touch. "I would gladly sing for you again. You need only ask", he smirks.

• You later stop by his room, knocking on the door softly. Malleus opens it, having taken off the heavier, pompous parts of his masquerade outfit; now only dressed in a pair of black pants and the see-through black shirt worn under the complex and ornate fabrics of the costume. His hair is slightly disheveled and he has his bangs pushed up, letting you see his dragon markings. Upon seeing you, he instantly smiles. "You look so beautiful", you mouth, making Malleus chuckle and smirk at you. "So do you", he insists. "I'm never going to overshadow the talking gargoyle but I've made peace with that", you sigh and step into the room, Malleus closing the door behind you. He laughs at your comment, then gazes out of the window.

• "The night in the City of Flowers seems to show a different expression than during the day", he says and turns to you, seeing you smile at him with a mischievous expression, "that face...you are also interested?" His smirk matches yours now. "Malleus, what do you think I came here for at this hour, hmm?", you chuckle, pulling out a map from your pocket, "so...you can teleport us out of Noble Bell College without being seen right?" Malleus puts his hands onto his hips. "Nothing easier than that."

• After you explored the city at night, you end up sitting at the roof of a tall building, looking down on the beautiful city. "I'm very glad I got to share these memories with you", Malleus takes your hand in his again and you look into his eyes, cupping his cheek gently. "You're so precious to me...you have no idea", you mumble quietly, smiling at him fondly; filled with unconditional love.

• Malleus squeezes your hand and looks at you with the same expression. "I think I'm starting to understand", he whispers as the sun rises on the horizon.

• Malleus loves when you're bold with your flirting, he loves when you show your teasing side and flatter him with a clever line. But he just as much craves the moments when you're calm and serious, just smiling at him and letting him know how much he means to you, even if he doesn't know yet whether you intend for it to be romantic or see him as a good friend. He treasures your affection and how you're unafraid to give him your love and appreciation in a way no one ever has to him.