5 | safe & sound

pairing: boyfriend!spencer x fem!reader

content warnings: anxiety, panic attack

genre: angst, fluff, comfort

plot: you and Spencer go out on a date and it does not go well.

---

You were so excited to finally go out with your boyfriend again after many long weeks of work. You dressed up, put on makeup, and went to a fancy, high rated restaurant.

But the date was not going well.

First the waiter got both of your drinks wrong, and then they brought you the wrong food. So now you were waiting for the correct dish. It's been half an hour and you were growing impatient.

Spencer was quiet, holding your hand from across the table. You sat in silence, run out of topics to talk about.

So you started to notice things around the restaurant. It was very busy. Someone was laughing next to you, a couple was fighting, a child was crying.

It made you anxious. You chewing on your lower lip, fidgeting with your fingers, and shaking your right leg.

You took a shaky breath. Spencer noticed the symptoms and stretched out his leg, caressing it over yours, trying to calm you down.

"Are you okay?", he asked.

You shrugged nervously. "Can we possibly get out of here?"

He had a soft and understanding expression. "Of course."

Spencer put a fifty dollar bill on the table and grabbed your hand, pulling you out of the restaurant.

"I'll pay you back." You offered.

"You don't have to. Hey, would you like to sit down? Here..", he points to a bench.

You follow his lead and sit down. "Sorry for ruining today."

"Y/N, you didn't ruin anything. I understand why you wanted to leave. You don't have to explain it to me." He put a hand on your shoulder before pulling you into a hug to calm you down. "It's okay. You're safe with me. Just close your eyes. You'll be alright."