THIRTEEN, crazy old bitch

Start from the beginning

"woogity woogity woogity!" pope exclaims, moving his fingers against jj's, which made cassie laugh.

she watches as sarah winks at kie, knowing that the boys weren't watching. they notice her, and they all smile, a secret among just the girls. she liked that.

"know what it was guys?" jj asked his friends. "hydroponic." 

"don't say that." pope muttered, shaking his head.

john b smiled excitedly, cutting his friends off, "all right, shut up. you guys ready to jack someone up?"

this brought smiles to everyone's faces, as the two girls climbed back onto the boat. it seemed like things were really looking up. everyone began to excitedly converse, knowing what they'd be doing later that night.

☀︎☀︎☀︎

     BACK AT EVELYN'S HOUSE, WHERE THE BOYS HAD DROPPED CASSIE, KIARA, AND SARAH OFF, THE GIRLS SAT ON THE COUCH TALKING. cassie's suspicion had been correct and john b's plan had worked. she hated when that happened, but in this particular situation, she was actually pretty glad because she was learning that sarah was really fun.

"yeah, i got stung by a jellyfish, like, right as you guys were leaving." sarah explained.

cassie's jaw dropped, looking between kiara and sarah. "you didn't... pee on her did you?" she questioned kie, a little grossed out.

"no!" kie replied, laughing. she threw the throw pillow she was holding at cassie, who dodged it, making it hit sarah. the girls laughed about this for a little bit, then once they had calmed down, kie told her what they had done to ease the pain of the sting. "we smoked jj's blunt."

"oh my god, do not tell him that." cassie warned with wide eyes. "he will, like, freak out about how hydroponic is the best thing to ever grace the earth."

the girls laughed some more, making remarks about how true that was. cassie liked this. her dad used to always say, "three's a party". she was now realizing that she agreed. talking to sarah and kie felt easy and fun— not that it wasn't fun when it was just her and kie— it just felt complete with sarah in the mix.

"so," sarah started, putting a hand on cassie's knee to get her attention. "you and jj..."

cassie rolled her eyes, sitting back comfortably on the couch. "not dating." she informed her, tired of how much it had been brought up over the past few days.

"but they both want to be." kie whispered loudly, earning a smack with a pillow from cassie. "you're mad because you know i'm right."

cassie hugged the pillow close to her, sighing. "i don't think he'd ever like me for real." she told the girls, slightly frowning.

"well, it looked like he liked you at midsummers..." sarah commented, smirking. kie raised an eyebrow, looking to cassie, then to sarah. "they kissed when he showed up." the blonde whispered.

"you kissed him and you didn't tell me?" kie asked, offended.

"well, i barely ever get to talk to you alone anymore," cassie reminded her, sitting up. 

grace, faith and miles wanted lunch, so the three girls moved to the kitchen. "so, how was the kiss?" sarah asked, crossing her arms as she leaned against the wall.