𝑪𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝑰𝑿

A SURREPTITIOUS BARGAINING

"Does assisting others necessitate a certain degree of reciprocation? Or are you simply performing these actions because nobody has rendered assistance to you?
Only in the depth of our soul we know the answer."

DOROTHEA proceeded to a bedroom; her steps accompanied by a quiet sense of anticipation as she drew closer to the spot at which she suspected the man to be. As she reached the bed, she was stunned by the sight that greeted her, as the man was now awake, his bandaged body visible through the curtains that obscured his vision. Her eyes locked onto the figure in the bed, she slowly approached, cautiously drawing closer as she attempted to ascertain the condition of the man and to confirm that he was, in fact, awake.

"I perceive that you have regained consciousness," Dorothea declared, her voice calm and assured as she entered the bedroom and closed the door behind her. In her hands, she carried a silver tray bearing various medicines and other medical products, the clatter of the utensils providing gentle background noise. As the man attempted to speak, Dorothea placed a gentle hand upon his lips, forbidding him from doing so. "It is better for you to keep silent at this moment," she stated with a sympathetic expression, "You are still recovering from your injuries, and it would be beneficial to heed my advice."

Additionally, The Countess' observed the man's confusion as he attempted to gain his bearings, before offering an explanation that might alleviate his doubts regarding his present situation. "You are most likely confused as to your locale," she commented, gesturing toward the bedroom, "Allow me to elucidate you regarding your current circumstances." She stated her words with an authoritative tone, her eyes concealed beneath a black blindfold, while her hair was hidden from view beneath a voluminous hat.

Dorothea proceeded to inform the confused man of his present location, explaining with a firm tone that it was not safe for him to venture outdoors. "You are currently present at my abode," she stated matter-of-factly, "You are still within the nation of Luxtonia, to be exact. People have expressed an interest in hunting you, and it would be prudent for you to refrain from departing these premises until further notice." Her words were delivered in a stern fashion, indicating her resolve to keep him from potential harm at the hands of his pursuers.

She observed the man's response, his expression conveying a hint of confusion as he struggled to recollect his previous circumstance. In a soft tone, she inquired, "Do you recollect the circumstances of your pursuit? You were chased without knowing the reason why." Setting aside her black gloves, she proceeded to the nearest window and drew aside the curtains, gazing out of it to witness the scenery outside the mansion.

Dorothea turned her attention away from the scenic view outside, instead turning to the man who was still trying to recall his lost memory. "You can remain here for the time being as it is the safest place for you," she intoned with a solemn expression, "The man behind the curtains was in pursuit of you. He has been searching for you for quite some time now." Her words were conveyed with a sense of caution, warning the man to take care even in the relative security of the mansion. She remained silent for a moment; her eyes focused on the confused individual before her.

As she awaited a response from the confused individual, an unexpected disturbance occurred, the sound of knocking permeating the air. "Come in," she proclaimed, having foreseen the visitor's entry, before discovering that it was a butler pushing a silver cart holding a freshly prepared breakfast. The sight of the sumptuous meal prompted a reaction from the individual in her company, who displayed an obvious hunger in his face and gaze.