FIVE

CHAPTER FIVE
°⋆∴☽°:۵≼

i. rumours and fairytales !

— THE BRILLIANT MORNING SUN BLED QUICKLY INTO A BREEZY AFTERNOON, and before anyone knew it, it had begun to diminish and fade into an evening of cascading warm hues, the setting sun painting the sky with a thousand wonderful colours and shades, b...

THE BRILLIANT MORNING SUN BLED QUICKLY INTO A BREEZY AFTERNOON, and before anyone knew it, it had begun to diminish and fade into an evening of cascading warm hues, the setting sun painting the sky with a thousand wonderful colours and shades, blending together and dotting tiny pinpricks of light into the early twilight.

There was hardly a crowd to be spoken of along the castle grounds, apart from a huddled trio of boys, two maintaining a playful-sounding argument about some underground wizarding band they had opposing opinions on, and laughing boisterously as the other stood silently between them, ignoring the constant chaos before him as his eyes remained almost permanently glued to the large textbook in his hands.

"Twenty-One Warlocks is so overrated-" Dorian stated easily.

"Overrated? I can count the amount of T.O.W fans on ONE hand, and I personally know BOTH of them, you pretentious Twat." Sirius returned, sliding his messy, unknotted tie from his shoulders and using it to lightly smack Dorian across the face.

"Oh, don't start with the pet names." The Hufflepuff rolled his eyes in a joking manner.

"Why? Does it get you going?" Sirius voiced with a smug smirk tugging at his lips.

"You're an asshole."

"You're a dick."

"No, mate, that's you."

"What?"

"You are what you eat."

"Stop being mean to me or I swear to Merlin, I'm gonna fall in love with you!"

It had been going on, back and forth like this, for the past fifteen minutes, and Remus had somehow remained completely ignorant to the whole thing, retaining an unbreakable focus on the herbology book he had gotten so close to finishing. Nothing could tear his attention away from the page of spindly wiggentrees he had fixated on.

"Wendy!" Dorian greeted, causing Remus' head to snap up at neck breaking speed and his book to slam shut with an unexpected booming sound that nearly startled him.

There she was, in all her glory, rosy cheeked, frizzy haired, and slightly tripping over the front of her robes as she proudly held an ugly handmade necklace in the air.

"Told you I'd get you one, Doris." Wendy grinned, approaching the trio and standing on her tiptoes to toss the gaudy, colourful necklace over the boy's head. "Xenophilius had an extra, so now we can match!"