She found herself in a beautifully decorated sitting-room, the antique furniture and rich fabrics proclaiming the wealth of the owner in a subtle, yet effective manner. He wasn't there, though.

As her eyes traveled around the room, she noticed another door set along one wall. This one was ajar too, and she walked towards it immediately, her heels sinking in the plush fabric of the Persian carpet below. But she stopped well before she reached the door, her gaze snared by a slash of silver on the deep red carpet. She didn't even need to pick it up to realize what it was.

A woman's designer, barely-there blouse. Her mind reeled away from the obvious conclusion, and nausea threatened to overwhelm her. She took a deep breath, and knew she had to get away. Right now, before she could...

But it was already too late.

Unbidden, her eyes had already gone to the half-open door. And when she saw the sight within, she froze. 

He was there..and not alone..

He was on bed locked in a passionate embrace with a woman. Bile rose in her throat as she registered the fact that both were in their inners. 

She stumbled back, his jacket dropping from her hands as her mind struggled to accept the evidence before her.

Knowing that your new husband had a girlfriend was something..but to witness it like this was gut wrenching..

And in that moment, she knew. She had been lying to herself earlier. This wasn't just about chances, or new beginnings. She was in this much, much deeper than she had imagined.

Why else would this sight hurt so much?

Why else did she feel mortally wounded, even when there was no blood?

Unable to bear this for even one more moment, she turned to flee the room. And in her haste, she stumbled against a crystal vase that rested on a pedestal.

She watched in horror as the antique fell to the floor.

Until it finally lay there, broken into countless pieces.

Shattered, just like her fragile dreams.

That's when Kathir and Seema seemed to realize that someone was in the room. 

Kathir turned to see Mullai standing there, her presence a shock to both of them. In a swift motion, he got up from the bed and stood there, bewildered.

K (stammered) - Mu... Mu... Mullai? Nee nee enna panra inga?

He asked looking disoriented at both Mullai and Seema alternatively.

Tears welled up in her eyes as she stared at Kathir in disbelief. Without uttering a word, she turned and fled from the room, leaving them alone. In frustration, Kathir pounded his fists against the side wall.

K - Mullai..nillu..oru nimisham naan solradha kelu..

He called after her, but she was already running away, unsure of where to go. Instead of heading to her room, she descended to the lobby, wiping away her tears. Approaching the reception desk, she requested a cab.

M - Enakku oru cab arrange pannunga..

Mullai insisted, her voice trembling.

The receptionist hesitated, 

R - Mam..are you sure indha nerathula..

M - Enakku ippo cab arrange pannunga..Plz..

Mullai repeated firmly.