K - Hmm..so katha maatenu solra..appadi danae..

He looked into her eyes, at his hand muffling any potential outcry, and back to her. She nodded, a hesitant agreement, and then, as if a sudden realization struck her, she raised her eyebrows again, oscillating between affirming and contradicting her nod. The corner of Kathir's lips twitched, a restrained smile threatening to break free.

As Kathir withdrew his hand, the room seemed to exhale a collective breath, and the fragile equilibrium between secrecy and revelation hung in the air. The subtle click of the door closing amplified the quiet tension, leaving only the echoes of an interrupted scream.

P - Mullai? Ennadi..edhavadu sollu..are you ok?

Priya's voice, a beacon of concern, infiltrated the room from beyond its confines. Mullai, her composure hastily rearranged, turned to Kathir with a fleeting urgency. 

M - Ahnn..ahn..Priya..onnumilla..adhu..adhu..roomkulla oru karupanpoochi..adhan..

P - Adiyae..karapanpoochi ka ippadi kathuna..bayandae poiten

M - Adhu onnum illadi..konjam periya size karapanpoochi..adhan bayandhuten..nee po..poi thoongu..late aagiduchu paaru..

P - Hmm..Sari..poren..thirumba kathi andha karapanpoochiya bayamburuthidada..Good night..

Priya's parting words carried a lightness, a teasing giggle. As Priya's footsteps faded, the room returned to its cocoon of secrecy.

Mullai's gaze, now focused on Kathir, carried an unspoken interrogation. 

M - Yaaru nee? Inga enna panra..en roomla?

The questions, sharp and direct, hung in the air, demanding answers Kathir wasn't entirely ready to provide.

Kathir, unfazed, folded his arms across his chest, a gesture that mirrored the defiance in his gaze. Mullai, feeling the intensity of his stare, looked away momentarily, gathering her thoughts.

M - Inga paaru..nee yaara vena irundutu po..modhalla inga irundu kilambu..illa kathi oora kootiduven..

Mullai asserted, her voice carrying a note of determination.

Kathir, seemingly amused, smirked in response. 

K - Oh...appadiya..kathu..ellarum varatum..vandhu enna edhunu kekatum..naanum solren..nee dan enna inga vara sonnenu..eppadi vasadi..

The mischievous glint in his eyes mirrored the subtle twist in his words, and Mullai, initially perplexed, suddenly raised her eyebrows in a realization that bordered on amusement.

A fleeting silence followed Kathir's revelation, and his once-confident smile dissipated. The sudden shift in atmosphere had Mullai instinctively taking a step back, and she retreated until the door pressed against her spine. The subtle sound of her retreat mirrored the unspoken tension in the room.

Closing the physical gap, Kathir advanced, his movements measured and deliberate. He positioned his hands on either side of her against the door, creating a caged space between them. His voice, steady and matter-of-fact, cut through the charged air. 

K - Inga paaru..ennakkum inga un roomla vandu maatikanumnu vendudhal illa..en friend avan aala paaka varadukku..ennayum izhuthutu vandu inga vittutu poitan..enakku thirumbi ponomnu aasai dan..aana eppadi poradunu theriyala..inda hostel pathi enakku onnum theriyadhu..inga irundu maatikama veliya poradukku nee dan help pannanum..sariya?

Mullai's response was a raise of her eyebrows, a gesture that captured her skepticism. 

M - Enna...appo un friend ah..ambo nu vittutu poiduviya?