Chapter 1: These Are My Pants! :(

Jake had half his body in his brand new $400 used car. It was junk. Junk that got him places. He was searching hard for coins.
     It costs a lot for a school lunch. He sat up, sighing in frustration.
     "get in that car and drive away as fast as possible. You'll die." echoes a voice, male and drunk. Clearly. Jake sat up and looked around, 'was that to me?' he thought. 
     He saw the man; short, big, beer gut and all. He looked like he owed a lot in child support and bills. He was looking directly at him and then suddenly not. He looked panicked and quickly turned and walked away. 
     Jake looked around confused, even in the car, and saw no one else. Maybe he did think it was funny. Like a prank...
      He processed to look for more coins and luck struck again. Just enough for food. He locked up the car and walked back inside. It was lunchtime. He was in the school parking lot. It was open lunch time so he walked to the cafeteria and got in line. Calculating all the prices of the food he wanted to make sure not to go over. 
     Standing in line behind him, talking loudly with his friends was Dirk, David, and Rosemary. David had his arm around Rosemary, making a stupid flirting face as dirk watched, raising a brow and then laughing. 
      As jake stood there, in line. He heard them talking, "Yeah, I had a friend in Ohio and shit when I lived with Nickky and that bitch Bill, anyways" he waved his hands as he talked, cutting himself off "She talked about how they are going kinda crazy out there, some people talking weird and attacking others. Then everyone's buying up all this shit. Toilet paper, soap, food. Bottle water is all gone. It's crazy what a bit of she said he said does to people. Anyways, that's happening all up north. Slowing making its way down here." Dirk managed to get all that out without getting off track too much. He's known for being the adhd foster kid. He's always moving. Talking with his hands, and rambling. His accent was thick Texan and he was tall, blonde, with a strange style. He was wearing circle black shades and some black dark clothes. Jake couldn't label the style of clothes he had on. It's just, a lot of chains and black. The one thing Jake didn't like about him was the smell of weed that came off him all the time. Then his best friends and brother had an absolutely rude personality.
      David looked at him like he was silly. "dude. Breathe" Dave laughed to himself for a moment. They were brothers, Dirk and David. They were popular and strong. Dirk did lots of things and Dave knew lots of things. 
      Rosemary stood there, not talking. Just staring. She noticed Jake, in his black dress pants, tied with a black belt. Then his white button-up tucked in. He had gold rings on and a small gold necklace, matching his small half-inch gold hoop earrings. 
     Jake always dressed well, he had little clothes but knew how to thrift and mix things. He knew how to sew. 
      Rosemary looked him up and down and so did David, noticing his outfit. As they were sweatpants and a simple shirt. Rosemary as well. 
     "My grandpa has the same brand of pants," she said, pointing at the pocket with the brand name. Jake overheard and his face went slightly red with shame. 'They're talking about me..' Jake thought. 'that's a nice ass' Dirk thought at the same time. 
     "Hey, where did you get those pants?" David asked Jake that. Loudly too. Jake's face reddened more, as he turned and said "Excuse me?" Jake's accent was thick and smooth. He sounded elegant and fancy. He was born in the UK, deep in the mountains for most of his life till recently.
      "Okay, Queen of England, I asked where you got your pants?" David was so snappy, mean, and fast. He knew what to say, and when to say it. He knew how to push people. Jake only blinked and his face reddened more. "I thrifted them.'' He turned away, only to feel a lot of shame, a lot of anxiety. "His face was so red. I like his eyes' dirk resisted saying that out loud to David. He always got to say anything. 
      'I lost count..' Jake thought, sadly. Starting to count again. "that was rude." Dirk whispered over to Dave. Only to have a small shoulder shrug as a reply
     Jake had his spot in the cafe by now, having only been in this school, in America, for a month by now. He had just enough for a small salad and some grapes. 
      He ate slowly, despite his hunger. He had his book in front of him. He loved reading but never really had time to. Besides lunch. 
      Johnny quickly sat down at Jake's table with his girl, Grace. Grace was sweet, she didn't follow beauty standards. She was plus size and wore clothes like she wasn't. She was confident and pretty. She's the sweetest girl in the whole school.
     Johnny is Jake's half-cousin. They got along but still didn't know each other much. But at least they sat with each other.
     The lunch was silent. Kinda painful. As John ate and Grace talked, Jake read his books, slowly eating. 
     "watch it, dumbass" Jake got shoved forward on the table, chest hitting the table hard, knocking some air out. He turned his head to realize Dirk had just been shoved into him. 
     Mark looked upset, glaring at dirk, waiting for a response. 
     "what the fuck, watch yourself, goat fucker" dirk got himself off jake, and got into Marks's face. 
     A fight broke out as they started punching each other, students made a circle around them, cheering. This was common here. And it was always Mark or Dirk. 
     As Mark wrapped his arm around Dirks's neck, punching him in the face and cheek, Dirk hit him hard in the ribs, aiming upwards. Dirk managed to pull himself out of Mark's arms and shoved him down. 
     "What's going on here!" announced the school officer stationed in the cafeteria. He pushed his way through and grabbed Dirk from behind, as the couch ran in and grabbed Mark as well. 
     Dirk was still up for fighting apparently as he headbutted the officer's nose, causing blood to go down his face. Dirk got pushed down to the ground and held down.
     Jake sat there, watching the whole thing. Surprised. 
     "go fuck yourself, pig!" Dirk said, smiling big as he moved around. Mark was laughing as if Dirk was his friend. 
      This whole thing was surprising, yet not. It's normal. 
     As the officer picked Dirk off the floor, Dirk looked over and smiled at Jake, showing his teeth covered in blood, and then spitting some blood out on the floor. 
     Of course, that was Dirk's way of seeming cool, as Jake thought it was disgusting. Jake turned away, frowning showing his disgust.