INTRODUCTION!

MIRABEL FLORES loved living in Texas

MIRABEL FLORES loved living in Texas. She grew up on her parent's ranch where she had everything she needed to live a happy and fulfilled life. Her family was supportive, loving, and caring. But then her mom got a new job promotion in her company's New York City headquarters. It was the chance of a lifetime, and she couldn't pass it up. Her job was too important for their family to give it up. Her mother, a real estate developer and land investor, was now a partner at her company, and that meant a significant raise, better perks, and an important role in the business. And, unfortunately, that also meant moving to New York. Her father had stayed back in Texas though, not wanting to have to sell the ranch that they all worked so hard for and that had became important to them all.

Mirabel didn't mind moving, she didn't have many friends. But the few she did have she would miss dearly. Especially none other than Lucas Friar. He was a close friend of hers, and had been ever since they were little. They grew up together on neighboring ranches, and as children would spend hours playing around and just having fun. As they got older, their bond grew stronger and stronger. Mirabel knew she could rely on him for anything and vice versa. Their parents had always joked that they would get together one day and say how perfect they were for each other. But then Lucas Friar moved to New York. He moved way before Mirabel had moved to New York. At first they tried to keep in contact, but as time went on, the distance between them made things difficult.

'They missed each other dearly and didn't know when they would see each other again. When Lucas and his friends had gone back to Texas after Riley and Maya signed him up for the bull riding contest, he had been reunited with Mirabel for a short time but it was so worth it. He had missed her so much, and seeing her again, even though it was only for a short time, made his heart burst with joy. Lucas missed her so much it hurt, and he wanted nothing more than to go back home and be with her. He was happy that he was able to introduce her to his new friends he made in New York. They all, of course, greeted her with welcome arms and honestly got along quite well. He had been relieved about that.

The two best friends were saddened once more when Lucas and the others had to leave. But later on the were reunited again. This time at Mount Sun Lodge. Lucas had been having a little trouble with his love life, being stuck in a love triangle with Maya and Riley. After reuniting with Mirabel at the ski lodge, everything changes. And now he can't help but wander what it would be like to be loved by her, not knowing she had been wondering the same thing.