"Don't need to; I trust your choice." Rhaenyra smiles sweetly at him.

A round of coo comes from the ladies.

"You both make a really sweet couple." Lady Tuly commented.

"Thank you, my lady."

" Care to dismiss all these old crones so I could kiss you on the lips, princess?"

" Behave, uncle." Rhaenyra chuckled.

"What do you mean by no one answers my letter?" Laena asked Brynna, her only remaining Handmaiden, after Elyse and Alisha left her service without explanation two days ago.

"Seems no one is currently available to become your handmaiden, my lady." Brynna answered meekly, "Maybe we could send you to the lesser houses?" She suggested.

"Lesser house?! Have you lost your damn mind?!" Laena snapped and made Brynna flinch.

She was Laena Velaryon, daughter of Corlys Velaryon, the richest man in the Seven Kingdoms; how could she possibly have lesser houses' ladies as her handmaiden?!

Laena didn't understand! Those foolish girls usually come running and scrambling to become her ladies; what change? Why does no one answer her summons? Something clearly wrong here.

Laena went to her lady mother for help to get a new handmaiden for her, but her mother was busy with her work and dismissed her by saying that she was old enough to take care of matters like that on her own.

Laena tried to search for her father next, but he was nowhere to be found.

"Father? He just departed to Stepstone, isn't he? He needs to check on the garrison because Uncle Vaemond was injured badly and unable to do his duty, you forget?" Laenor asked.

Laena bit her lower lips. She had no idea; she really didn't pay attention lately; all her focus was directed only toward her future husband, Prince Daemon.

"Uh, Can I go now?" Laenor asked.

"Where are you going?" Laena asks suspiciously.

Laenor sifted on his heels, "Uhhh..."

"Well?" pressed Laena.

"I'm going to train with Daemon, but you can't come." Laenor grimace.

"Why can't I come?!"

"Because I forbid it," Daemon said as he approached them.

"But why?" Laena frowned deeply.

Daemon huffed, "Because I don't like you to be anywhere near me."

Laena felt her face grow hot; she had never been rejected before, especially not like this, "It's Rhaenyra, isn't it?! She forces you to do this, isn't she!"

Daemon clicked his tongue, "Rhaenyra never forced me to do anything. It was my personal decision; I felt uncomfortable with you around."

"Lie! You don't need to defend her! I know it was her!"

Daemon huffed loudly, "Sorry, Laenor, it seems we need to reschedule; I had lost my ardor for training this evening."

"Eh?!" Laenor looks like he just got slapped.

"Sorry," Daemon apologized before walking away.

"What was that about?!" Laena asks angrily.

"Why can't you just shut up and back off?!" Laenor snapped at Laena.

"Wha—"

"You know how hard it is to make training appointments with Daemon?! You know how many knights lined up to spar with him?!" Laenor spat.

"I just–!"

"Not everything was about you, Laena! Grow up!" Laenor yelled, then walked away angrily.

Laena thought her misery would end when his father returned to King's Landing. She thought she finally had her ally, her support.

"Racallio Antaryon!" Daemon greeted the man who disembarked the Sea Snakes ship with Corlys Velaryon with a hug.

The Braavosi man was nothing compared to Prince Daemon, especially when they stood side by side. He's too old, around King Viserys' age, maybe? Certainly not Laena type at all. Many Velaryon sailors were more handsome than the man.

"God be good! So the rumors were true! You're getting younger!" Racallio said in awe.

"And you are getting old, my friend; you look exactly like your father; I almost called you Syrio." Daemon laughed.

"Rude, I'm a thousand times more handsome than that old man." The Braavosi laughed, and then his eyes landed on Laena, "Oh, is that beautiful Valyrian Lady your betrothed, the famous Princess Rhaenyra?" He asked with a smile that made Laena cringe.

Daemon smiled cruelly at Laena, "No, my friend, she's your betrothed, Lady Laena Velaryon."

Laena looked at her father in horror, and he answered with small nods.

Before Laena's shock even subsided, a trumpet blew; Laena turned around and found Rhaenyra stepping out of her carriage with her best dress.

"That my friend is Princess Rhaenyra, my betrothed." Prince Daemon said with adoration in every word.

"You lucky son of a bitch." Racalilio said breathlessly.