Deputy Kang whispered as if he was telling a great secret.

“But the new contract Omega, I heard he looks super pretty.”

“Well, people who are pretty are pretty, and people who aren’t pretty aren’t pretty.”

“Just in time, Department Head Lim is coming over there. Do you want me to ask?”

Deputy Kang pulls the chair back and waves his arms.

“Department Head Lim! Huh? Is that the new employee behind you?”

“Yes! I’m going to introduce him to you!”

I look back without thinking. Department Head Lim was stumbling around with a bunch of documents piled up like a mountain.

And there was the Omega I saw earlier, standing behind Department Head Lim. The Omega who was moaning in the bathroom. The Omega that I gave the suppressant to and sent back.

The Omega, the new contract employee, who is said to be very pretty.

The Omega didn’t take his gaze away from me. I know that expression. That look on his face tells me he’s ready to confess his love to me at any time. I couldn’t hide my displeasure.

That Omega muttered something earlier. I think he said that he fell in love at first sight.

There are such Omegas from time to time. Emotions go on the fritz during a heat cycle, so some people fall in love after too much gratitude when I give them a suppressant and a glass of water.

Some of them leave drinks on my desk every morning.

Their gratitude piled up every day.

They hand me a memo with a good phrase on it, attached to a juice bottle. This is okay. I like beverages. That’s all. I thought they just wanted to thank me.

Contrary to my thoughts, the ending was a confession of love. The Omega hoped to eventually become lovers with me. There were various reasons, such as love at first sight and the more I looked at them, the more they discovered why they fell in love with me, but the ending was the same.

I rejected them all. It’s not that they’re bad, but it’s not that I’m good either.

I just don’t really want to date a man. When I think of the male body, I immediately think of the boring and stuffy atmosphere of a public bath.

When I was younger, my father used to tell me, ‘If you don’t study, you’ll be bald like that uncle later.’

We’re males, but Alphas and Omegas are still the most dominant. They aren’t my target demographic. Betas can only go out with Betas. Furthermore, dating at work? That’s a no.

In order to maintain my values, I greet the Omega with the most astringent expression possible.