𝒄𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝟏: 𝒉𝒊𝒔 𝒆𝒚𝒆𝒔

𖥔 ꧁ ❦ ꧂ 𖥔

𖥔 ꧁ ❦ ꧂ 𖥔

𝙅𝙖𝙣𝙪𝙖𝙧𝙮 25, 1998

𝙅𝙖𝙣𝙪𝙖𝙧𝙮 25, 1998

"𝑯𝑨𝒀𝑨𝑴𝑰-𝑪𝑯𝑨𝑵, 𝑻𝑯𝑬𝒀 𝑨𝑹𝑬 𝑾𝑨𝑰𝑻𝑰𝑵𝑮 𝑭𝑶𝑹 𝒀𝑶𝑼"

The little girl looked away from her reflection in the mirror in front of her. Her expression remained emotionless, though her eyes hid a small spark of excitement after having witnessed the pretty girl in the mirror. She couldn't recognize herself with all these extravagant clothes.

She looked at the old maid, her name was Hana. The lady was tall, (at least from Hayami's point of view), she had brown curls and there was a bit of white at the roots, showing her age. Slight wrinkles decorated her face and there was always a warm smile adorning her lips wherever she spoke to the child. Her eyes though, were what the little girl liked the most. They were a warm brown that calmed her every time she peeked at them, though these eyes also held a glint of something Hayami couldn't understand. There was something tragic to them.

Hana took care of her since she could remember. She was the closest thing the young child had to a mother figure. Not that Hayami knew what a mother was to begin with...

The little girl hummed, a blank look adorning her pretty face as she looked back in the mirror. The maids had styled her hair in an intricate updo with the help of some hairpins that matched the designs of the red kimono. It was the first time Hayami saw herself not bruised and beaten up in an old training uniform. She was struggling to comprehend what she was witnessing.

The old maid sighed. She lowered down in front of the girl and put her hands gently on top of her small shoulders, squeezing them comfortingly. This action snaped the child's attention, Hayami's steely gray eyes met the warm brown in front of her. Those chocolate-colored irises made her feel safe and accepted, yet they hid an indescribable amount of pain and pity from her.

"You're beautiful Hayami-chan, but you shouldn't let them wait for long, the guest won't stay forever..." Hana told the little girl cautiously, a small warning hidden behind her words. She was afraid of the punishment Hayami might suffer if she delayed any longer. She didn't want to see her injured like the last time. God knows what that child suffered the last time she violated one of the 𝒓𝒖𝒍𝒆𝒔.