And with that, Camila gave Lauren a soft nod, finding her hand and lacing their fingers together. She gave her girlfriend a soft smile, silently letting her know that she was going to be alright.

Lauren, slightly surprised, squeezed Camila's hand and led her out of the classroom, making sure to turn off the lights behind her. Sure, technically they were breaking and entering. But also, she was technically just a returning student that got a little too excited.

She paused once they made it down the stairs, leading them down a long row of lockers. Her lips spread into a smile and she pointed to one of the tall, dark blue lockers. "That one was mine."

She turned around when she felt Camila let go of her hand. The small girl was across the hall, pressing her fingertips against a locker.

"This one was mine," Camila whispered, turning to look at Lauren with a shocked expression on her face. "I remember."

Lauren raised both her eyebrows. She had never paid much attention to where Camila's locker was in high school. Camila clasped her hands together, tentatively taking the lock into her hands and fiddling with it for a few moments.

Lauren nearly choked on thin air when the locker clicked open. Hell, she had already forgotten her combination, and she'd used the same locker for all four years of high school. Somehow, Camila remembered hers.

"My hands know," Camila glanced at Lauren. "Even if my head does not." She turned back to face the locker, frowning when she realized it was empty.

"There was a mirror here," she nodded softly, tapping the inside of the locker door. "I remember, because I used to look at—," she paused, cupping her hands over her mouth as her eyes widened in realization.

"What?" Lauren grew worried, moving forwards to grab Camila's hand. She was relieved when the small girl giggled, shaking her head and taking a step away. Camila looked down shyly, covering her face.

"I used to look at you," she mumbled.

Camila took a deep breath, dialing the same combination that was practically carved into her memory. 12-29-39. She flinched when someone slammed the locker beside hers, looking around nervously.

Pulling her locker open, Camila let her door slam against the wall. When the metal stopped shaking, the small girl caught a glimpse of shiny black hair in the reflection. She bit her lip, subtly watching as the girl bent down to retrieve something from the bottom of her locker.

Nope, no, not today. Camila shook her head, prying her eyes away and shoving her history textbooks into her backpack. When she looked back up, she couldn't help but glance in the mirror once more.

Lauren had shut her locker now, and was leaning against it. From the way her eyes were lit up, Camila knew she was talking about something important to her. She watched as one of Lauren's friends – Normani, she believed – handed the girl her sketchbook and hugged her goodbye.

Camila fumbled with her bag, spilling her pencils on the ground. Cursing under her breath, the small girl bent down to collect them. When she stood back up, the image of the green eyed girl was gone from the mirror.

Disappointed, Camila turned her head and glanced down the hallway. She caught sight of Lauren's white blouse. Ugh, she had to stop wearing that color. She looked like an angel. But hell, every color looked good on her. Camila brought her hand up to her face and groaned. She was in way too deep.

Too late now. Camila raised an eyebrow as Lauren scanned the hallway to see if anyone was watching. The small girl ducked behind her locker, making sure she wasn't seen.