iMessage

Today 6:30 AM

Remind me again, brother dear. Why
am I appearing on the Tonight Show
Starring Jimmy Fallon next week?

Oh and I landed safely in
New York as you can tell.

Delivered

Today 8:20 AM

Hello, lil sis. It is nice to hear that you
arrived in one piece. Would hate to
have to bury you this soon.

Again, just be your usual self.
Besides I have heard that you
won't be alone on the show.

Right because that clears
everything up, brother.

Besides that was not a
proper answer to my
question

You know what? I hope you get lost
in New York.🫠

Please don't come back
until you've found yourself a boyfriend.

I hope you enjoy cleaning up the
mess back at the company then.

Since you know, I will be busy finding
myself a man, as you so kindly put it🤭

Delivered

﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏

Esmeralda sighed as she exited her messages with her brother. Do not get her wrong, she absolutely loved her brother, in fact she could not even imagine a world where she did not have him in her life. However, she had to say that his ability to be able to get on her nerves when he even was not anyway near her in person was worth an award in itself.

A notification from Estelle popped up on the screen. It was a message from her asking if she would be able to buy some items in New York while she's there. Esmeralda sent her a thumbs up before she checked her schedule to see if she would be able to arrange a lunch date with Taylor.

She quickly took a screenshot of her upcoming plans for the month so she could send it later to Taylor. The Instagram home page was opened on her phone, the amount of requests and reactions to her post almost made her want to just delete Instagram as a whole. She knew that she could have logged into her private account that only her close people and co-workers were allowed to follow, but even that account sometimes overwhelmed her. In a way she found it quite hilarious that she was not enjoying her fame despite it being her own decision to become an actress and take up the role as the CEO of her family's company.

"In Gloria et Fortuna, Semper Amatus." She mumbled to herself as she looked out from the window in her hotel room that overlooked the streets of Manhattan. In Fame and Fortune, Forever Beloved, was the family motto that she had been forced to memorise when she was five years old. In a way the status her family name had was like a gilded cage in her mind. Esmeralda knew though that she was privileged and she did count herself lucky that she was allowed to date whoever she wanted.

She moved her eyes away from the window as she walked towards the table that stood in the middle of the room together with a comfortable couch. The couch was currently being occupied by her bag that held all the designs and documents that had to be brought with her. The plan had been to get some work done by now but the energy was non-existent and the jet lag was slowly starting to get to her. She had already made sure that the meetings that were scheduled for tomorrow had been set during the afternoon.