The Final Journey

Começar do início

"Tiche! I missed you!" He smiled happily as he removed the helm of the wolflike armor he had plundered from Vargram, the Raging Wolf someone who he was forced to send Tiche to kill, before he used his favorite armor every new journey. 

Speaking of Tiche, she was one of the few people he spoke to frequently, usually silent for most of the time as he chose to stop getting attached to people that would forget him as he tried to make the outcomes of their battles better. 

There's only so many times you can take being snapped to death, as you attempt to hug your wife you've been together with for millennia after seeing her for the first time in ages. 

The only problem with communicating with Tiche, was the fact she could not actually reply back. So the Tarnished came up with just the solution! A notebook! Tiche patted around her translucent cloak, and found what she was feeling for, reaching in and grabbing something. 

Slowly, pulling out... her notebook! The Tarnished handed her the pen he carried for her, and smiled while waiting. 

After a bit of scribbling she flipped around, and The Tarnished began to read. 

Why are we still here. Shouldn't we be in Limgrave...

The Tarnished shook his head and shrugged his shoulders. "Nah I think I'm fine ending things here. Not everyone made it, but I think the original stagnant ending is much more peaceful." 

Tiche shook her head, and began to write again furiously, before flipping it around and shoving it in his face.

The Finger Maiden is dead. The Deathbed Companion has died. The Spirit Caller has burned along with your blacksmith. Marika has sent an execution order out on the Lunar Princess and without the wolf she will meet her end soon. The rest of your companions such as the bald liar, the Warrior Jar, the Blackguard, the Albinauric, the Half Snake, and the Valkyrie have all fallen. Is this truly peaceful?  Surely you're not satisfied.

The Tarnished, speechless from how effortlessly his claim was dismantled, cleared his throat and gripped the hammer he had yet to use yet. 

"That may be the case, but what can I do? No matter what I do, nothing changes. I've tried every outcome. Repeated things in different orders, lived on and tried to be content, but I can't achieve the perfect ending. It's impossible." 

He grit his teeth, and memories of pasts he tried to forget resurfaced like unsettled food in his stomach ready to burst out of his mind.

Tiche laid a hand on his shoulder, the message already prewritten as the taller woman laid the notebook in his hands. He looked at her, and then read the notebook.

One Last Try.

He rolled his eyes, and looked at the notebook for a lingering moment. Then he passed it back to her, and rang the bell sending her back from wherever she came. He put his helmet back on, and gripped the hammer as he jumped into the air, gaining a view of the area he wanted to sink. 

Focusing on the ash instead of Tiches' request he simply pushed it to the side for later. Falling to the ground like a certain demigod, and caving in a large portion of the city covered in ash. Any bit of ash that was on the edges of the large crater began to pour their way down, like waterfalls.