"Somewhat insubordinate your friend..." Her voice sounded cold.

"I'm sorry, I swear I didn't want this."

Minji stared at me. "I know you didn't, Pham, relax. Now come here."

Closeness with her, it was what I least wanted.

"Hyunsuk sucked at making reports, but I found these here, do you know who made them? They are great!" She asked, handing me the folder.

"These are mine, ma'am." I said smiling shyly.

Minji looked at me with those emeralds eyes through her delicate glasses, putting the tip of the pencil between her lips. Fuck! She looked so sexy like that.

"You're really good at what you do, Ms. Pham. I don't understand why you didn't seek something more."

"Let's just say that I didn't have many opportunities. And I like my work."

"I also like your work, I thought it would be hard to find a good secretary, I never had much luck with that." She said smiling.

"Why?" I asked curiously.

"You don't want to know." She said laughing.

"Now I'm curious."

Minji smiled. "I think you've realized that I'm not the loving type of person, and my secretaries couldn't stand my strong-willed persona."

"I'll be different, Ms. Kim."

"If you can be, I'll give you a prize."

"I'll hold you to that." I smiled shyly.

We worked for a few more hours. I was already too tired, and Minji seemed to be too. As soon as we finished, she asked Wonbin to take me home, and so he did.

When I got home, I received an evaluative stare from Danielle and Karina, who relaxed when I told them that nothing had happened. On the next day it was the same thing, we spent the whole day stuck in that office, only leaving to eat. Junghwan didn't even talk to me when we passed by each other in the corridors, probably still upset due to me bailing on him on the day before. Karina ended up spending a few hours with me and Minji, to help us with the financial report. And just like that, the hours passed by.

"I can ask Dani to bring the customers' balance sheets if you want, Ms. Kim." Karina said in front of her.

"That would be great, Ms. Yu, I really need them." Minji said, getting up from her chair. "Actually, I need all the necessary material here. You won't be here on the weekends, so it's better to leave everything ready."

"We won't?" I asked, looking at her.

"Only you, Ms. Pham." She said, staring right at me.

"You're the only one I need."

Karina gave me a discreet, mischievous look, making me shake my head. She would for sure tell Danielle, and they would both annoy me all night. We worked for a few more hours. It was night already, and I was sure that in that building, besides the security guards and the cleaning team, there was only me and Minji. The woman was leaning over her computer, searching for all the necessary files, and I was feeling exhausted. But I still had to find strength for today, Scarlet would be dancing, and today Minji would watch. I wondered if she even remembered it, poor thing, with so much work she must've forgotten about it, I thought. I wanted to remind her somehow. I needed to get out of there, I couldn't fail Lily.

But as if God had heard my prayers, someone knocked on the door. Minji looked away from her computer to look at the person who entered her office.

"Let's go party, Kim!" The woman who walked into her office shouted excitedly.