Kyle, who had barely been able to speak for a while, decisively cut Leyla's words.

"You're beautiful, Leyla. I mean it."1

Kyle said once again with conviction. His childlike smile disappeared as his face turned red. He was aware that Uncle Bill was planning to prepare a gift for Leyla, but he had never imagined it would be this much.

He was really worried about Bill's eye for picking tacky things, but this was......

"Wake up, Kyle Etman."

Bill clicked his tongue and patted Kyle's flustered back.

"You're going in my place today."

Bill looked at Kyle with a serious look.

"That means you have to take responsibility and protect her. You can do it, right?"

"Of course, Mr. Remmer."

Kyle replied emphatically.

"I'll make sure to protect her!"

Bill burst out laughing when he watched Kyle vow with a crimson red face. In the meantime, Leyla took a cautious step towards Kyle. Kyle relieved his beating chest with repeated deep breaths and reached out his hand in a dignified manner.

"What's this?"

Leyla confusedly asked about his hand, but Kyle didn't panic.

"Today's the party. And we're partners."

"Yeah."

"So."

Kyle mustered up his courage and led Leyla's hand over his arm.

"It's what it's supposed to be. Being your partner for the party."

Kyle was so nervous, he almost stammered.

Leyla, after being lost in thought for a while, nodded assiduously and lightly linked her arms around Kyle's.

"Let's go, Kyle."

The moment Leyla smiled brighter than the sun, Kyle thought.

I will never forget this moment for the rest of my life.

Leyla Lewellin appeared with the doctor's son.

When Matthias was greeting the guests, he suddenly turned his eyes and saw Leyla entering the hall under Kyle Etman's escort.

Hessen had proved himself to be the most competent butler through Leyla's appearance. Leyla Lewellin was gorgeous with the outfit Hessen picked. Matthias believed she would still be beautiful, even with the shabby gift the chef had chosen for her.

Matthias's gaze shifted from her shoes, her dress, and then to the necklace that adorned Leyla's white, slender neck. It was a stunning necklace pieced together by pearls and emeralds. Hessen prepared the dress and shoes, but Matthias chose the necklace. It was unexpected. He was on his way to the hotel because he had an appointment and saw the necklace in a display window near the hotel. The lucid green color of the emerald, delicately crafted, was quite impressive. While he was returning to his estate that day, Matthias had instructed Hessen to buy the necklace.1

Leyla noticed Matthias's gaze as she suddenly turned her head. Her eyes, resembling the lively summer forest, stopped exactly on Matthias's face. Leyla seemed to recognize who he was only after she squinted her eyes.

Unlike Matthias, who looked at her with an unwavering stare, Leyla avoided eye contact in surprise. She tightly held the boy's arm and hid behind him.

"Long time no see, Duke Herhardt."