"I've now got my private quarters with a bed and everything. I really have moved up in the world." I says.

"I'm wonder what exactly is it the attendents at the jade palace want us to do?" I question to myself. After I was done Maomao and I were sumoned to go to a room to test if Lady Gyokuyou food was poisoned or not.

"Ready for yours new role? Your job is poison taster." Jinshi explained. I had to sit near him. But as soon as I heard 'poison taster' I started looking at the food that was set right infront of me.

Maomao eyes sparkled of the sight and she was happy that we get to see it this were poison or not.

"The conkubine has all her meals prepared for her, by the time it reached the pevillian, its already exchanged hands a few times. During that lengthy prosest, poison is a risk that must be considered.In fact when Lady Kyokuyou became pregnant, her food was atleast poisoned twice. The taster then resived nerve damage and still can't move her hands and feet, from the cost of the job." Jinshi said probably knowing this is not the first time we did poison on us.

I looked at the three women seeing that they held a worried face. 'I understand now.'

A lady grabbed a seramic bowl. Maomao and I started examining the bowl and sniffed it. I grabbed my chop sticks and grabbed some of it and we both ate it at the same time. 'Nothings happenening, luckly there's no poison in the food.'

I swallowed it and we both looked at Lady Gyokuyou.

"This meal is practically safe to eat." I reasured her and the three girls girls sigh in relief. We were given another dish of another food and tasting it Maomao blush a little. She giggled and the others were confused on why she giggly. 

I remember back home, Maomao always be experimenting by testing various things on her arm like spots from experimenting with a salve, bruises for poultice testing, burn to test a burn ointment, blemish from experimenting with an antibiotic ointment, and scars from getting bitten by a poisonous snake on purpose. My younger sister is a mad scientist. To be honest Maomao need slowly build up a tolerance to poison so she not terribly suitable for work. Unlike me, I do have some experience with poison. 'That's my younger sister for you.'

Maomao went to speak with Huwang as I just went to my room for a bit. It was night and so I just went to Maomao's room to say goodnight as I went to sleep.

🍃 🍃 🍃 

It's been a week when Maomao and I tried cleaning any areas Guiyan, Yinghua and Ailan would make up an excuse to make us not clean. Then we just tasted the food if poison or not, as Maomao stuffed her face with poison.

As for me, I'm in my room in boredom until I heard a knock. "You may come in now."

I opened my door seeing Huwang adoor and then went to the living room to see the main five people there.

"You requested me Lady Kyokuyou?" I asked bowing my head.

"Actually he did." She looked at Jinshi. 'Oh... what does he want?'

"How come your imune?" He asked looking like his eyes were empty. Then he looked at the three girls as they slightly screamed in adoration but when he looked at me with the same smile I flinch a little bit. Then his smile was washed off his face as he notice that I am immuned by it still.

"What can i do for you today?" I asked calmly.

"I received these from a soldier. Might I ask you to taste them for me?" He had a box of Baozi buns inside and took the lid off of it.

"Hmm, alright." I nodded as he gave me one. I rip it open and sniff it, while I close my eyes to focus and then my eyes slightly widen when I open them.

"It has an aphrodisiac inside it." I said surprised

"You can tell without even tasting them?" Jinshi surprised at that.

I sat down on my knees looking at him and explained "These are harmless but you don't need to worried. Please be free to enjoy them in private." I bow.

"I can't simply eat these, considering who gave them to me." Jinshi mumbled.

"Perhaps, you can a visit from him tonight." I say with a small smirk a little bit.

I look at Lady Gyokuyou, who is laughting. ' She must've knew about this as well.'

"I have one more question for you." He asked me.

"Yes?"

"A squad of soliders on a mission to attack some barbarians was poisoned the other day." 

"Poisoned you says?" I asked.

"Yes. Several fell ill after a meal. They reported nausea, difficulty breathing, and other ailments. The meal was prepared by a nearby village. They arrest the village leader for assisting to barbarians. But an office diffused the situation, and has put the decision on hold." Jinshi explained.

I put my index finger and thumb on my chin and closed my eyes. " Jinshi, where were they eating exactly?"

"They wer at a camp, so they most liekly ate outside."

"Did the villagers provide the plate and chopsticks?"

"No the Soliders should've provided their own" I start walking towards the flowers in the room.

"Did you notice something?" He asked.

"Well, Let me just share it. This flower is a rhododendro. Eating it causes nausea and difficult breathing for lungs." I explained.

"As you see, even the rear palace has plants with poison in them. This one has poison in the leaves, but some have poison in the branch or roots. Some wood can even emit poison when burned." I added.

"When burned...?" Lady Gyokuyou askes me as I nod.

"I see." Jinshi mumbled.

"It's fortunate the bright officer was even there. We could've lost the whole village. However, If that's all you require today, I shall take my leave." I says and bow.

"I have a request for you." Jinshi changed his sitting position.

"Hmm?" As I rose a borw confusion.

"Can i take you with making an aphrodisiac for me?" Jinshi smirks at me for waiting my response. ' Wait... making aphrodisiac means... formulating medicine again?! I can't imagine why on earth this man would need a love potion. But... I might have to tell Maomao about this.'

"Give time with the right tools, and the necessary ingredients. I can fulfull your request." I soflty smiled that everyone awed at it.

I take my leave and go to my bedroom and reading my medical diary that i made my own medicines.