The siblings finished their breakfast in silence.  

"We better get to school in time, Trevor." She said as she grabbed her lunch bag from the counter. 

"Yeah." Trevor grabbed the plates and handed them to his mother to be washed. 

Claire and Trevor grabbed their school bags and headed out the door, walking to school.

It was a lovely day; the sun shone in the crisp autumn wind, and leaves were turning golden, red and brown.  

As they walked to school, Claire felt confident.  She walked with a pep in her step.  Right now, nothing could stop her. 

The two siblings entered the school and headed toward their lockers. 

They split up, went to their lockers to put their things away, and met up again in the hallway. 

"Hey, Belmont!" A soft yet deep voice resonated from behind them. 

They both turned around, with Claire being confused about who they were referring to.

There was a very tall and handsome boy who seemed around Trevor's age.  He was lean with broad shoulders. He looked very wise for his age.  His hair was long and blond, and his eyes were quite an unnatural colour; gold.  His skin was quite pale; and the more Claire looked at him, the more she realized how corpse-like he looked.  

"Hey, Adrian, meet my sister," Trevor said. 

Claire looked up to the tall boy who simply smiled at her. 

"You must be Claire. My name is Adrian Tepes.  It's nice to meet you," the boy named Adrian held out a hand for Claire to shake. He seemed to have a friendly nature to him.

She took his hand and shook it firmly, "Nice to meet you as well, Adrian." She smiled.

Adrian let go of her hand. 

"Glad to see you back at school, Adrian.  We missed you," Trevor smiled while patting his back.

Adrian smiled, "Yeah, I'm glad to be back.  Come on, let's go find Sypha.  Come along, Claire." 

Claire followed Adrian and Trevor through the crowded hallways.  She didn't struggle to keep up as she was quite agile. 

"Hey, Sypha!  Adrian's back!" Trevor shouted to a girl. 

Sypha Belnades was a student in the 11th grade like Trevor and Adrian.   She was somewhat taller and a little skinnier than Claire, with short red hair and blue eyes that were vibrant.  She was a foreign exchange student for the majority of high school and would be going back to Spain soon enough after she graduated unless she chose to continue her studies here in Wallachia.  

Sypha was considered very intelligent among her peers.  People would go to her for help with homework, heck, she could even solve very difficult math questions.  She had somewhat of a thick Spanish accent, but she was very good at speaking English, and people could understand her easily. 

"Hi! How's it going, you three?"  Sypha smiled brightly. 

Claire had already known Sypha due to her being Trevor's girlfriend.  She often came over to help Claire with homework.  

Trevor smiled.  Being around Sypha made him genuinely happy.   

"We're alright, you, Sypha?" Trevor asked. 

"I'm doing well, thank you!" She replied with a smile.

Adrian seemed to be quite a quiet person.  He stood there silently, side-eyeing Claire.

"So, what do you enjoy doing, Claire?"  He asked her. 

"I enjoy baking!  I always make loaves of bread on Saturday." She smiled, "I sometimes make cakes on special events like Christmas, and sometimes cookies whenever Trevor feels sad."

"Hey!  Don't tell him about the sadness cookies!" Trevor exclaimed. 

"Ah, yes.  The cure to sadness is cookies," Sypha joked.  

Claire chuckled.   "What do you like doing, Adrian?" 

"I enjoy doing a lot of things like reading, cooking, painting, piano and the violin," he explained. 

"That's a lot of hobbies.  How do you have time for all that?"  Claire inquired.

"I do one hour of each every day.  It's very simple." He said casually.

Suddenly, the bell rang. 

"Oh shit, we're late!"  Trevor exclaimed as he ran to his locker to get his things. 

Sypha began rushing as well, not wanting to ruin her perfect attendance record.

"Alright, I have home economics.  Gotta get my textbook." Claire said to herself before saying goodbye to Adrian.