𝗦𝗨𝗥𝗣𝗥𝗜𝗦𝗘 𝗘𝗡𝗥𝗢𝗟𝗟𝗠𝗘𝗡𝗧

PROLOGUE VII

PROLOGUE VII.
ⁱⁿᵗᵒ ᵗʰᵉ ᵘⁿᵏⁿᵒʷⁿ

      JUST AS you finished your sentence, the doors to The Headmaster's slammed ajar. Jumping in your seat from the loud intrusion, your head quickly twisted to see who exactly were the people that announced their entrance. By the doorway were two males you'd never seen before. Facing your right, there was a spiky-haired ginger with a heart mark on his left eye. Beside him (facing your left), was a navy-blue-haired male, whose hair was much neater. Like the ginger, he had a mark on his face, in the form of a spade on his right eye. To your surprise, Grim accompanied them as well, standing proudly on his two legs with his paws on his waist, and finally, Yuuken, whom you were mostly searching for throughout this entire night, towered over them all, his eyes widening as he saw you.

"(n)...?" Your name was barely called out above a whisper. Yuuken's face conveyed pure shock, and you felt inclined to laugh at how comical he looked. Repressing the urge to chuckle, you simply gave him a small smile and a little wave. This friendly gesture earned you a smile in return. The group took it upon themselves to welcome themselves further inside. As they approached closer, your eyes caught a bright glimmer, specifically from Yuuken's hand. Realizing that he held a crystal, your eyebrows furrowed in question, wanting to know the story behind it. What part of janitoring is required to find a crystal...?

"Why are you here so late, (n)?" Yuuken gently asked, stepping right next to your seat. Upon closer inspection of the crystal, you were left in silent awe. That crystal... was the prettiest thing you had ever seen. If it had to be compared, this crystal would have put all the precious gems in your world to shame. It glistened and reflected every color of the rainbow; the magic it contained enhanced the crystal's beauty. Seeing the magical energy swirl behind its translucent shards was beyond a mesmerizing sight.

"...I was looking for you." You drawled out, hesitantly breaking eye contact with the crystal. In response to your words, Yuuken pointed a finger toward himself, blinking as if it was difficult to understand the words coming from your mouth.

His reaction was valid, however. Despite his offers and your verbal acceptance of them, you still gave off an impression he interpreted as a lack of mutual interest. So, the last thing he expected from you was something like this. He soon broke out into a bigger smile. "Thank you, (n)." His words of appreciation... were like music to your ears.

You averted your gaze to your knees, shifting in your seat. Once again, the warmth you've grown fond of blossomed in your chest. It felt divine, the only way to describe this sensation. The pain and frustration you experienced on your way here, maybe it was all worth it in the end if you got to relish in such bliss.

And of course, your little moment had to be interrupted.

A hiss of pain flew past your lips when Grim, who thought it was a great idea, hopped onto your arm to use as a stepping stool. This is not to be mistaken, you don't mind when Grim chooses to support himself by using you. You've let him rest on your head previously. What made it an issue NOW was that his untrimmed nails dug into your skin. Reasonably so, you shoved the monster off your arm.