chapter nine - hangover

Začať od začiatku

Colby

Do you and Amy want to do one last thing before you guys leave? Sam is busy he has to film. I was thinking of maybe a beach day.

Amy isn't answering her phone. I'm sure she just crashed at someone's place. Beach day sounds great.

Come downstairs in 30 mins and we'll leave before the traffic gets to bad.

I placed my phone on the counter of the bathroom counter and it shuffle on one of my playlists. I jumped in the shower and immediately recognised the song. Dai the Flu by Deftones. Excitement filled my body at the though of what today had in stall for me. I wasn't keen on singing around other people but i couldn't contain myself when the next song began to play. Sextape by Deftones

Take me one more time

Take me one more wave

Take me for one last ride

I'm out of my head

I got out of the shower, wrapped a towel around me and grabbed an outfit from my suitcase. I put on a matching blue bikini set, a pair of shorts, some slides and a hat that matches the colour of my bikini perfectly.

I put on some waterproof mascara and decided on just brushing my hair and leaving it out. I packed my beach towel, sunscreen and glasses into my bag and walked downstairs. Colby was waiting down there for me. He was in some swim trunks and a tank top that showed off his tattoos.

His eyes scanned my body as i scanned his. I had to break the silence, but before I could speak, he already had.

"You look really nice Lily.' He said quietly while smiling.

'Thank you" I looked down at my phone a to check the time. 12PM.

"Ready to go?" He said

"Never been more ready." He smiled and led us out the door and into his car. Colby plugged his phone into the aux and began to play a song. As soon as I heard the music, I immediately recognised it.

Antartica by $uicideboy$

"Good taste in music Brock." I said until i began to quietly sing the words to myself. He just looked over and smiled, him singing along as well. An overwhelming urge of confidence took over me as i began to almost scream the lyrics.

Get the fuck away from me

I hate all of you, faithfully

This world was never made for me

Thankfully, I'm trained to see

Passed all the lies, the ranks, the scenes

I'll shank my knees, then walk the plank and freeze

To say i related to the song was a complete understatement. Listening to music had helped me cope through some of the worst times of my life. So many different songs portrayed exactly how i felt in just a few minutes.

Once Colby noticed that I was feeling more comfortable he began to sing along louder as well.

The drive didn't take too long. Honestly, there wasn't much traffic I think Colby just wanted more time at the beach. When we arrived we grabbed our bags and walked onto the sand. Thankfully, the sand wasn't hot enough to burn my feet. The weather was absolutely perfect for a beach day. It was hot but not too hot that it was unpleasant, barely any wind and not a cloud in sight. We set up our towels under a shady spot under a few trees and I immediately laid down.

"Are you seriously just goi g to lay down the whole time?" Colby looked down at me.

"What are you going to do about it?" I said playfully.

Within a second, Colby had scooped me up bridal style, running down towards the water. My arms connected around his neck, afraid he would drop me. I pleaded for him to put me down but he just kept running closer and closer to the waves. Before I could hold my breath, my body froze at the contact at the unexpected cold water. Colby threw me under as well as diving in himself.

"Colby you are so going down!" I yelled at him over the sounds pf the waves crashing against the shore. I grabbed as much water as i could hand chucked it at him. It barely touched him. He laughed at my attempt of trying to get water on him. That was a miserable attempt. I turned around for a split second and he was gone. I felt the touch of something wrap around my legs. I immediately screamed, unsure of what it was. My body was carried into the air and throw back underwater.

Game on Brock.

After we finished tackling each other in the water, we made our way back towards our towels. Colby was ahead of me and I couldn't help but let my eyes trail along his body. Water droplets remained on his back, his hair was wet and messy and his muscles were quite obvious from behind. Colby turned around and i quickly parted my eyes away from his body. I was not going to get caught. I didn't feel any romantic interest with him but that doesn't mean i can't find him attractive, right?

Colby reached into his bag and connected his speaker to his phone, hitting shuffle on a playlist. I reached laid down on my stomach, soaking up the warm sun. This felt weird. Normally, I would hide my body from everybody, sometimes even Amy. Ever since i began high school i became so engrossed by the idea of working out, watching my food intake. But most importantly, i was obsessed with watching and losing weight. However, with Colby, I hadn't even thought twice about trying to cover up in front of him. It's been many years since my recovery had started. My weight was at a healthy range and counting calories became non existent. I still cover up from time to time but i'm sure many people do that if they are feeling self-conscious. I felt like there was no judgment between him and i. Snapping out of my trance, Colby poked his head up and began to talk.

"Ice cream?"

"Absolutely."

A/N: Absolutely mind-blowing that you guys are reading my story! I apologise of this isn't the best as it is my first story that i've actually published. Please let me know if i have made any mistakes. I'm trying to write a new chapter each day because i know how frustrating it is when an author updates slow. I plan to publish a new chapter every 1-3 days. i love you all!

update: sorry for being so slow. i tested positive for covid and have been resting all week. updates coming soon!