"... I am not saying you are terrible."

"Even we know that much."

Thalia nodded, agreeing to Cale's reply. Violan hesitated for a moment after hearing Cale's response, before taking another bite of her food and continuing to speak.

"People, especially nobles, care a lot about appearances."

Even though she knew that they were silently observing her, she continued without a single change in her expression.

"Art is not for those human tras- mm."

She was a bit of a coarse speaker because she worked in the merchant world for a while.

"Anyways, there are a lot of people who think that appearances reveal everything about a person."

That was her way of telling Cale to take a lot of servants with them. Her goal was for both of them to not be judged negatively just because they only took a few servants. Plus, with Thalia's debutante, the young ladies that attend the ball will probably avoid her if she arrives with the small envoy on top of false rumors. Thalia naturally understands the hidden meaning implied behind the Countess's words. She knows that the noble ladies especially are very sensitive to the noble prestige and they will no doubt be hesitant to approach a peculiar person like her.

But, she didn't find it to be something she should worry about. Her goal was simply to fulfill her obligation to attend the debutante and be done with it. On top of that, Thalia was sure that the foreign soul in her brother probably had his reason as to why he wished to carry such a small envoy. It probably relates to his mission. At least, that was what she assumed of course.

That was when Cale started to speak.

"Art is the mirror of the soul."

Violan lifted her gaze off of her plate and looked toward Cale. This was the first time in a long while that the two of them had made eye contact with each other.

"...You do know about that."

"Yes. I do know."

It was during his trip around the territory when he was preparing for things he needed. Thalia recalled their visit to The Gallery in the Henituse territory displayed the works of new sculptors. That statement that was written on the plaque in the Gallery was something that Violan had personally written.

"Sculpting is not just cutting into a chunk of marble. It is creating a reflection of what is in your heart."

This time, it was Cale who looked at his plate and continued to eat while Violan was watching him.

"I read that on the plaque at the Gallery."

Then, Violan looked at Thalia. Thalia smiled as she added on.

"As eldest said, the true value lies within the character of the people. And, I am still not comfortable with too many people. Maria alone was more than enough."

"...Do as you wish. I will reduce the number of people going with you, but, in return, the carriage and everything in it shall be of the highest quality. That is how it should be for us Henituse people."

"That is fine with me. Please give me the most expensive stuff." Cale nodded.

"There will be the finest jewelry and ornaments too," Violan added as she looked at Thalia.

"Thank you. I'm sure it will be of the best value as it was evaluated by your keen sense of art." Thalia smiled as she trusted Violan with her choices.

"Great. I will make sure you have a carriage that won't even hurt your butt as you travel across bumpy roads."