[8]

5 April 781 Felix calendar

Count Deruth looked at his children, who were wearing extremely simple clothes and started to smile.

"I guess both of you are leaving today."

It was the day they would depart from The Henituse territory. All of the family members were in the dining hall. Thalia just stays silent as she enjoys her meal.

'Roast duck breast with figs, rosemary, and garlic fried potatoes'

Thalia is of the opinion that it was quite the hearty menu. But then again, it will be a long journey, and a good meal will boost her energy to survive the road trip. Her brother had chosen quite the detour for their road, not that she minded it.

It's her first time out of the Rain City, if she wants to go sightseeing, she might as well do it now. Once she returns from the capital, she will request to move out after all.

"It doesn't look like you are nervous," Deruth added as he observed his children. Thalia was still quiet and Cale smiled instead of responding to his father's statement. Cale's complexion had gotten much better in the last few days. Thalia herself has been seen a lot around the house, and her trip down the city was of course noted by the Count.

It was raining in the Henituse territory until yesterday. Thalia personally was not fond of the rain, hence she was glad for the fair weather today. Thalia glanced to her side, where her brother was. It seems he was mulling over something before pausing his cutlery and speaking up.

"Father. It looks like the number of people in the envoy has grown again. I asked you to reduce the number."

'Ah!' Thalia recalls. Indeed, she was a bit curious at the sudden increase. She found it to be quite a normal size though compared to before. In the original list, there were only Hans and Ron, Beacrox, Maria, the Kittens, and the knight brigade that was led by Hillsman... but just this morning, the number of servants has increased. Most of them were the familiar faces she had seen around the House in the last few days. Of course, she never bothers herself to converse with them.

"Ah, about that..."

For some reason, Deruth stopped his sentence without finishing. At that moment, someone else's voice interjected itself into their conversation.

"That was my decision."

It was the Count's wife, Violan.

Thalia looked up from her plate as she observed Violan. As usual, her hair was perfectly formed in a bun, without a single stray hair as she looked down at her plate. Basen was a perfect copy of Violan, both in looks and demeanor. The way they both did not make eye contact with Cale and had a stoic expression was the same. Of course, their face softened a bit when they engaged with Thalia- though it was only a recent development of course.

"We can't have someone from our family looking poor and terrible just because you want to go with such a small envoy."

It was an extremely stoic voice. Violan then lifted her gaze to look in their direction before continuing.