1. Our Little Family

A window opens, and a soft melody wafts in. A girl, her back to the observer, sways with the music, singing along. Simultaneously, she tends to the tea on the gas burner.

The lyrics of the song echo:

"Bade Acchee lagte hai
Yeh Dharti, yeh nadiyaa, yeh rainaa aur?
Aur tum mm mmmm - x2

Hum tum kitane paas hai
Kitane duur hain chaand sitaare
Sach poochho to maan ko jhoothe lagate hain yeh saare - x2"

Intertwining with the melody, another voice joins in, embracing her from behind. With tender kisses on her neck, the person closes their eyes, immersing themselves in the music and the warmth of love.

"Magar saccche lagate hai
Yeh Dharti yeh nadiyaa, yeh rainaa aur?
Aur tum mm mmmmmm
Hmmmmm"

"Karu," the one preparing tea calls out, prompting her to shift so that she can strain the tea into cups. A sleepy hum responds.

"Karu, haato na mujhe chai dalni hain," she insists. Another hum, but this time accompanied by a head movement, followed by a kiss on the cheeks. "I love you, Santu."

"I too love you, Karu," Santu confesses, turning around instantly to embrace her. Both find solace in each other's arms, surrounded by their favorite melody and the aroma of hot tea – a blissful morning.

"Chai piye?" Santu asks after a while, sensing Karishma's nod as they move towards the open balcony. Seated on bean bags, they gaze at the greenery while sipping their tea. Silence reigns, but the tranquility is all-encompassing; words become superfluous.

As they finish their tea, a small girl rushes in, embracing Santu from behind and closing her eyes. "She takes after you," Santu whispers, caressing the girl's hair while locking eyes with Karishma.

"Indeed, we share the same love for you," Karishma responds with an admiring smile.

"Good morning, Mumma," the little girl whispers sleepily. "Good morning, my baby," Santu murmurs, kissing her cheeks and cradling her face with affection.

"And where is Maa's good morning hug, Sanvi?" Karishma quips with a feigned tone of sadness.

Sanvi promptly runs to her mother. "Good morning, Maa." After mutual hugs and kisses, Karishma squeezes her small face between her palms and kisses her forehead. "Good morning, my innocence."