"I see," Amelia said. "Can I ask why the Scouts HQ specifically?"

"It's the closest military base to our location," her instructor spoke as he began to scribble something on the chalkboard. "From there it will be delivered to where it needs to go."

"Would it be alright if I took someone with me?"

"I suppose," he said. "You have to be back before curfew, so no messing around."

"Of course, sir," Amelia saluted him briefly. "I'll head out right away."

Her instructor hummed in acknowledgement before she scampered out of the room. Her excitement to be visiting home so soon into training rose in her chest, and she sprinted through the courtyard toward the watch tower on the other side of camp.

"Annie!" Amelia beamed as she reached the top of the tower. Annie quickly looked over her shoulder upon her entry. "Wanna come to Karanes with me?"

"Why're you going to Karanes?" Annie asked. She appeared to be confused as Amelia buzzed before her.

"I have to deliver these reports to the Scouts' Commander before dark," Amelia explained as she held up the reports in question. "And the instructor guy said I could bring someone, sooo..."

Amelia trailed off as she gestured to Annie. She didn't look amused.

"I'm on watch," Annie said, avoiding Amelia's eye. "Why don't you take Marco?"

"Aw you're really gonna stay up here on boring watch when you can run errands off base with me?" Amelia pouted. Annie rolled her eyes.

"Sorry." Annie offered her a blank look.

"What happened to you thinking all of this was crap?" Amelia put her hands on her hips and frowned.

"It is crap," Annie justified as she turned her back to Amelia to look out into the distance. "I'm just not interested in traveling all that way to deliver one folder full of information that doesn't even matter."

Amelia couldn't help but huff at her attitude and settled with turning back toward the stairs she had climbed previously. "Fine. I'll see you later."

Amelia left without another word, and commenced in her hunt for Marco. She had come to discover that he was tucked away in one of the several trainee archives with Armin, and when she arrived, she slammed the door open so hard that it startled the both of them.

"Marco!" She declared whilst pointing at him. "Come with me to Karanes!"

"Okay," Marco and Armin exchanged amused looks. "What for?"

"Our instructor guy gave me these reports to deliver to the Scouts' Commander before dark," Amelia summarized whilst bobbing up and down on the soles of her feet. "And he said I can bring someone."

"If we wanna get there before dark we oughta head out now," Marco advised as he stood. He turned to Armin. "Ah, sorry, I hope you don't mind."

"Of course not!" Armin waved it off with a smile. "Have fun!"

"Bye, Armin." Amelia offered him a grin, and Marco waved in farewell as the duo left the room.

"So, big job," Marco said as they left base. "Do you think he asked you because you're familiar with the Eastern Division?"

"That's exactly why, actually," Amelia said. She radiated excitement. "I bet my mom and uncle will be there, and I know the Commander personally, too."

"Is that right?" Marco seemed surprised. "How do you know him?"

"Umm," Amelia pressed a finger to her chin, pretending to think. "Funny story, actually. He's been shagging my mom for months now."