"Peachy."

"Everything okay?"

"I'm fine, I just.. I was feeling anxious. Just wanted to check on you."

When the blip ended and everyone returned, I would call her every morning and night to make sure she was still here.

Cheers for the paranoia and abandonment issues, blip.

"I'm here, okay? Not going anywhere." She reassures me for the thousandth time the past few months.

"Yeah." I wipe the tears from my eyes.

"Why don't I come over tonight? We can order Chinese and watch a movie." she offers.

"I'd love that."

"Great! I'll see you later."

"See you later. I love you, Daf."

"I love you, sis!"

I look at the time on my screen and jump up.

I rush around getting ready and fly out the door, without making myself any breakfast or coffee.

I walk into work, feeling sluggish and flat, making it to my office just before my first client of the day.

The session drags on painfully and while I don't allow my tired state affect my work, it is a struggle making it through the hour.

Not soon enough, my client leaves and I move to my desk to take care of a few things.

A knock on my door softly breaks the silence.

"Come in." I call, not looking up from my work.

"Morning." says a voice that involuntarily melts my insides.

My eyes shoot to the door and see James, standing in the doorway, two takeaway coffee cups in hand.

"..Hi." I reply, standing up from my desk. "What are you doing here? Are you okay?"

To say I'm surprised to see him is an understatement.

"I'm good." he says, stepping into the office. "I thought I'd bring you a coffee, as a sorry and a thank you, for last night."

A smile breaks onto my face.

"You are a life saver, thank you." I step away from my desk towards James.

"Maybe not- I don't know what you like.." he comments, looking a little unconfident in his gesture. "This is black coffee and this one's got milk." he tells me, holding up each cup. "But just normal milk. Since when is there so many milk options?"

I chuckle quietly. "I'll take the black, thank you." James hands me the cup and I smile warmly at him.

He follows me out of the office and stands in the doorway of the staff kitchenette. I go to the fridge and pull out my bottle of almond milk.

"See, what is that?" he asks and I laugh.

"Almond milk. I prefer not to drink cows milk." I reply and add a spoon of honey to my cup while I'm at it.

I pop the lid back on and drink up.

"Were you okay this morning? You sounded different on the phone." James asks, before  taking a drink from the other cup.

"Oh, I was just running late. I didn't even have time to make my own coffee, so thank you, this is very much appreciated."

"You're welcome." he replies. "Sorry I just left this morning. I didn't want to bother you any more than I already had.."