"Maybe somewhere more private." Steve whispered, looking around the halls, hinting he was not supposed to be there or seen.

She nodded, pulling him into her office right behind them and locking the door shut, quickly closing her blinds that look into her office.

"Steve..." She turned around to him, he began to take off his hat to reveal hisself to her.

"How are you here?" She whispered in utter belief.

"You wouldn't believe me if I told you." Steve half laughed.

"Try me." Peggy raised a brow.

As Steve finished informing Peggy of a Sparksnote version of his life after going into the ice, she stared at him blankly.

"That is... wow." Peggy scoffed.

"Told you." Steve smirked.

"And Arden? She's okay?" Peggy worried.

"Yeah, she's good. Oh Peggy, the things she can do. She's amazing." Steve perked up.

"You're in love with her." Peggy noticed, walking around her desk to sit on the edge to sit in front of him.

"Your entire face lit up talking about her." Peggy added.

"I am, I just don't know if she's still in love with me." Steve sighed.

"She's had an eye on you since I met her, what would have changed? Did you do something?"

"No, no. Of course I didn't. But she didn't show up this morning before I left to return the stones." Steve mentioned.

"There's only 2 reasons why she wouldn't show up for you. Either something made her not make it, or she's hiding her feelings." Peggy advised him.

"Yeah, she's uh a mystery sometimes." He shook his head.

"No, she's the most powerful woman I have ever met and that scares you. Not because you're insecure about a woman being stronger than you, but because you're scared you're not enough for her."

"Okay, it's a little weird my ex giving me love advice on my current, who was her best friend." Steve stood up.

"Don't lose her again, Steve." Peggy put her hand on his arm.

"Another!" Arden shouted.

"No. I'm cutting you off." Valkyrie pushed away the empty glass from Arden.

"Boo, you're no fun."

"No more until you tell me what's going on." Valkyrie pressed, but Arden stayed silent.

With Valkyrie's luck, Wong walked into the bar waving at them both.

"Wong, help us out will you?" Valkyrie pulled Arden off the bar stool.

"Fine, but you're buying the first round." Wong sighed, waving his hands, opening a portal into Arden's apartment.

"Aw come on, you're no fun." Arden groaned, sliding down Valkyrie's arms as she slowly put her dead weight on her so she wouldn't have to go through the portal. Valkyrie still pushed her through the portal with all of her strength, watching Arden stand alone in her apartment living room. 

Valkyrie and Wong watched as Arden's front door opened with a worried Steve Rogers rushing through it. Arden turned around to see who it was, but turned back to the portal. 

"Oh shit." Arden whispered to them, and Wong immediately closed the portal so they didn't have to join in on the awkwardness.

"Arden, I've been looking everywhere for you." Steve joined her in the living room. 

"If looking in my apartment was your last resort, you are not as bright as I thought you were." Arden slurred, wobbling to the kitchen. Pulling the doors apart to find something to snack on to soak up the alcohol in her system. 

"I've been here twice." Steve shut the fridge on her. 

She ignored him, continuing the path to her bedroom with Steve trailing close behind. She was lucky he was when she stumbled on the stairs, Steve's arms quick to catch her. With little patience that he had with what was going on, he picked her up completely, carrying her to her bed. 

Arden kicked off her shoes, stripping down as she threw herself underneath her covers. Steve sitting on the edge of the bed, he stroked her hair, hearing her breathing come to a constant, like she was quick to sleep. 

"Why'd you leave?" He asked rhetorically, enjoying just being around her again.

"I thought you were going to leave me for her." Arden groggily answered back. 

"Who?" Steve asked, continuing to play with her hair. 

"Peggy." Arden sighed, turning over so that she faced away from Steve, going straight back to sleep from the spinning headache that grew.