Into the harzard pay.

It was another day as Teal'c, O'Neil, Carter. and Daneil sat at the conference table going over the information from the planet PZA-241. it had been a couple of days since the last information was sent. "Here is what we know. There is a civilization, or was one at some point on this planet. There is human life on this planet, and it is not immediately aggressive." General Hammond explained as everyone stayed silent. "Now the latest intel shows that he does care for some respect of humans at the very least. As he has interacted with a couple for a few minutes before they went along their way. Also, the probe is not right at the gate, which is why we waited to send a team through."

"Do we know whether they are Goa'uld or not?" O'Neil asked as Teal'c continued to study the picture of the man. A small frown adorned his face as he looked.

"He is not." Teal'c spoke as everyone looked at him, confused. "His family line was Jaffa like me."

"It was? How do you know this?" Daniel asked as he looked back at the pictures to try finding anything that would suggest what was just said. Nothing showed anything notable besides some Norse symbols that looked off and a mix of Egyptian symbols and a single unknown symbol that was displayed on a couple of shirts.

"That symbol there is branded on Jaffa who were caught and branded with for a long time before it was forbidden to have such brand on hand anymore and the traitors are just executed instead

"That symbol there is branded on Jaffa who were caught and branded with for a long time before it was forbidden to have such brand on hand anymore and the traitors are just executed instead." Teal," c explained as Daniel frowned at the explanation.

"That's an ancient Celtic symbol known as the Ailm represents strength, endurance, and resilience as well as healing, purification, health, and fertility. The Ailm tends to be one of the most popular Celtic signs used to represent inner strength, and you'll often see Celtic God and Goddesses depicted with tree-related symbols." Carter told the group as O'Neil just stared confused.

"Okay. But what does that have to do with the price of tea of PZA-241?" Colonel O'Neil asked as he tossed the picture back on the table as Teal'c folded his hands together. The table turned to look at the Jaffa rebel who seemed unfazed.

"A long ago, just around the time we lost the location of the ancestral home world, a group of Jaffa plotted against their Goa'uld lord. Unlike how I rebelled with no chance to hide, they plotted in secret against him. His name was Fer Doirich, even among other Goa'uld he was cruel and evil and had many rivals. it was so bad that multiple Goa'uld would team up and fight him, but they never succeeded in his death." As the story was told, Daniel wrote down every word. 

"So, one of his rivals turned this fer guys Jaffa against him?" O'Neil asked as Teal'c turned his gaze to the colonel."

"No. His Jaffa, as the stories go, all turned on him in his sleep in a sarcophagus and sliced him into pieces. then they returned to his home planet, leading other Jaffa and slaves up against the royal family. After hearing of this other Goa'uld try to take his territory. What they didn't expect was that they reverse engineered the technology and were able to go toe to toe with them. Not wanting to deal with a potential galactic uprising, they bombed the plant with mass explosive devices. now the planet is covered in very hazardous gases and pockets of what you call radiation. if anyone is still alive on the planet, then they are indeed an ally to fight the Goa'uld."

"Wait, they got nuked?" Carter asked as Teal'c nodded solemnly. "Sir, we have to go assess this planet and its people. Not only will we be able to potentially learn about their advancements, but we can also find out what weaknesses Goa'uld may have."

"Dr. Carter, I do agree with you, but caution must be exercised. Who knows what else is on the other side of the gate?" Hammond stated as he pointed at the pictures. "Remind which time was it your team brought back a disease causing this facility to go into lockdown and nearly blew us up?"

The group stayed quiet as Teal'c thought about it. "Approximately several times." He stated as O'Neil sighed.

"That was a rhetorical question Teal'c." The Jaffa turned his head confused. It reminded the colonel of a puppy like behavior. "It means that a question asked in order to create a dramatic effect or to make a point rather than to get an answer." Teal'c nodded, now understanding.

"But exactly my point. When you go through, I want you all to take a moment and check your surroundings before even approaching the idea of looking at that man. Understand me?" The general asked as the table nodded silently. "Good now gear up into radiation gear. If what Teal'c says is true, then I don't want you coming back with a third arm or a second nose. Dismissed." The team stood up and left to go get ready.

------On PZA-241 (Solaya)----

The crackling of fire filled the air as the camp of Goa'uld serving Jaffa cooked food for the forces hunting on this planet. Not much was said between them as they seemed very on edge. "Did Apophis say what we were hunting?" A young Jaffa asked as he looked over at the shield wall shimmered softly keeping out the green mist.

"Only something worth bringing back." An older Jaffa said as a roar sounded loudly from the south. Every Jaffa stood up with their staff pointing in the direction of the sound some trembling from fear. No one knew what that sound was, but it shook nearby ruins as chunks fell around the camp.  They all spun around and around looking for anything to fire at. Yet in the green mist shadows darted back and forth like sharks circling prey in water. It was impossible for any of the Jaffa to make out shapes until another roar sounded right outside the shield only for it shimmer as a creature entered.

 It was impossible for any of the Jaffa to make out shapes until another roar sounded right outside the shield only for it shimmer as a creature entered

It let out a guttural roar and rushed the nearest Jaffa tearing him apart as more of the creatures rushed through the shield. Some of the creatures had a green mist cling to them. Sounds of flesh being torn apart, bones crunching under teeth, screams of pain, and roars of delight attracted the attention of the man. On top of a tall building not too far away was a familiar man.

"Damn. I almost feel bad for em." he stepped over the corpse of a Jaffa scout with a hole in his chest. "But then I remember they are being released from their servitude." He sat down on the ledge watching the night sky before pulling out binoculars. He looked down across a large open section of the city like a park. On the other side was a large facility with the words power station written above the entrance. just inside shown by the light of the moons was more of the horde shuffling out in search of their own meal. At least that's what he assumed since they usually dragged whatever was left back into the darkness. that hated the light. He hated the Jaffa but even he knew that they didn't deserve such a cruel death. Few do, like that Goa'uld his great grandfather killed. He started to hum a tune as he took notes in a little booklet. "They seem to triple every day."