CHAPTER 1- AUDREY

"What?" I snap at Daniel.

"Get up lazy ass, you have been drooling in your sleep for past three hours". Dan pointed out with a crooked grin plastered on his chiseled face. I scoffed at him and assaulted with pillows and plushies. He deflected them, still grinning with an eyebrow cocked. The audacity of him.

'I'll kick your asses out of here, if you two don't leave'. Aelin growled from underneath her sheets.

I shot a glare at Dan and he rolled his eyes.

I hopped downstairs to the kitchen to grab some milk and cereal before Dan inhales them all. Aelin followed me with a wild bush on her head. "Bad hair day, Lin. Better get it fixed before Dan clicks a photo of it and leaks it at the HQ again." She nodded and plopped into a nearby salon couch.

I switched on the T.V to check news. "...these cases of deaths are linked to each other! You must believe me." A freckled and ratty looking man was being hysterical at the news reporters. The news lady seems to be reporting from the city of Dorrisberg, about 4 hour journey from here at Kreston Hill. There had been a series of death reports in a similar fashion, somehow no evidence of killer yet those death scenes had proof of a very high level homicide. Because there is no way someone can kill themselves like that. The victim, at first gets some sort of illness and then get poisoned. No sign of suicide either. No anxiety or depression or any medical condition to prove that they succumbed themselves to death. What's more disturbing, after the victim's death their body is nowhere to be found. But I know who finds the utmost pleasure in these diabolical acts. Dan snatched the carton of milk from hand, snapping me out of my thoughts. He emptied that whole carton of milk in just one gulp. "How do I remind you that is milk and not whisky, Daniel Woods?" Aelin snickered and Dan just scowled at me. My phone started ringing a familiar tune of 'Shake it off'. I reached for it and headed towards the balcony. For the past eight years, I have been hunting down for Omega Point. The organization who left me with nothing. Emptied me inside out. Only filling it with a void, hollow as it should be. I have sent numerous reports to LEO HQ, asking for permission to immediately hunt Omega.

"Hello?" I received the call.

"I have a good news for you, Rosa Nera". A deep voice with thick Italian accent spoke from across the call.

I remain silent.

"Well, your eight years of research have brought you its fruit. You have been given permit from the Head Council to hunt. Mind you, permit for euthanisation has not been released yet. Captives must be kept alive".

"Yes, sir". I managed to choke out and he hung up the call.

I told Lin and Dan about the permit. Lin hugged me and Dan gave me thumbs up (he learned his lesson from last time, not to show some other finger).

I went to Tallinn's Café. "Hey, Marisa". I greeted the tall, healthy red-headed owner of the café.

Marisa smiled and lead me to a secret compartment located behind a janitor closet. I closed my eyes and went through the wall. Literally through the wall because it is not exactly a wall. It's just a holographic projection. It is one of the many entrance to LEO

Footnotes

*LEO = League Elite Organization

Rosa Nera= Black rose(in Italian)