Chapter 2

~Bella~

I opened my eyes and looked around when felt the bus slow to a stop. I stared out the window at the looming auditorium building, my heart rate immediately speeding up. I put a hand over my heart and took a deep breath to try and calm myself down. This was no time to get cold feet! We were so close! I told myself as I stood up with the other girls. We had nabbed seats close to the front on the bus, so we were some of the first ones off. Koko went first, then Kenna, then me, and finally Lee. We all stood together in a line on the sidewalk, staring up at the domed building.

"You guys ready for the best day of our lives?" Koko asked, tearing her gaze away from the building to gaze at all of us.

"Oh hell yea," Lee grinned wildly, still looking at the building.

"Same," Kenna agreed, fist-bumping Lee.

I smiled at all of them, glad that I was able to share my dreams with such wonderful people. "Let's do this!" I nodded firmly and started walking towards the building. My three teammates followed me, everyone bouncing on their heels excitedly.

All around us people walked, ran, skipped, even flipped into the building, everyone hoping to for the same thing we were. A chance to prove ourselves. A chance to prove that we had what it took to follow through with our dreams. This opportunity meant the entire world to everyone here, and everyone knew it. So despite some competitive tension, I noticed a lot of people being friendly towards each other.

This audition wasn't only for bands, but any kind of musical performer. There were dancers, solo vocalists, vocal groups, instrumental groups, everything! I gawked as a petite girl with light brown hair hauled a cart behind her that held two cello cases and a bass case with what looked to be little to no effort. I jutted out my bottom lip in a pout when I looked down at my own biceps and felt only squishy skin, no muscle. "Damn show offs," I whined to myself as I rushed to keep up with my band mates.

We approached the door and Koko and Kenna sped up to grab the handle at the same time after the last people who came in, racing against each other. Koko reached out her hand, a look of victory upon her face as she believed she had won, but Kenna leaped forward and grabbed the handle, knocking over Koko and a flower pot in the process. I laughed so hard I started snorting, so I covered my mouth with my hand.

"What the fuck?" Koko yelled from the ground, slowly standing up while sending Kenna a dark look. Kenna just stuck her tongue out and held the door open wider as some people walked in, giggling at what just went down.

"You gotta be in it to win it!"

"Fuck you, I'm in it to bash your face in-"

Lee jumped between them and held up her hands after Koko took a threatening step towards Kenna. "Now, now, let's not get too hasty!" She laughed nervously. I rolled my eyes with a smile and walked over as well, putting my hand on Koko's shoulder.

"You can beat Kenna up after the audition," I grinned , "Also, remind me to grab some popcorn before you do!" Koko and Lee started laughing, but Kenna just glared.

"Screw you, traitor!" Kenna hissed before running inside, shutting the door after herself.

"Hey, wait! Don't leave out here with these losers!" Lee screeched as she banged on the door being held shut by the devil herself. Kenna just smirked and kept holding it shut while Koko and I looked at Lee darkly.

"What did you call us?" We asked at the same time in a low tone. Lee froze and slowly turned around as she gulped.

"Beautiful flowers?"