Part 42: Vice Admiral Garp

Start from the beginning

"Mission complete." Sanji saluted the reindeer back.

Robin giggled at the boys. "I've already told you, I'm not going anywhere!"

"You promise?" Chopper worriedly asked her.

"You have my word soldier."

"Guys look, can you believe it?!" Nami stole everyone's attention. "My tangerine trees are okay! We got our money back and our stuff too! Once we buy a ship, then we'll be good to go!" Chopper happily cheering for the news.

Robin smiled over at (Y/N) before walking up to her. "How are you feeling, Ms Journalist?"

(Y/N) sighed a bit before closing her book. "Still a bit shaken up. Everything happened so fast, ya know?"

"Mhm. What's on your mind? I can tell something has been bothering you lately." Robin said softly as she sat down next to her.

(Y/N) looked away from her friend before speaking. "I felt so weak Robin." The (h/c) haired woman pulled her knees up to her chest. "I was right next to you, but I couldn't save you... I can't help but remind myself how pathetic I was back there. If only I could have—"

Robin pulled her in for an unexpected hug. "(Y/N). You were plenty strong. You fought hard for me and I'm thankful for that." Robin released (Y/N) from the hug, holding their hands together. "I'm here today thanks to you. You gave me more hope than I could ever dream of. Thank you..."

Tears began to form in (Y/N)'s eyes, but she quickly wiped them away when she heard the door slam open. "WOW BABY! You guys feeling SUPER, or what?!" Franky bursted through the doors followed by the Square Head Sisters. "Oh, some folks aren't here. Whatever."

"What's with the big entrance? Something going on?" Sanji asked the cyborg, clearly unimpressed.

"You bet!" Franky pushed up his sunglasses before speaking again. "Now, you better listen close, brother."

"Franky!" (Y/N) hopped off the bed, running at the cyborg.

Before she could jump on the man for a hug, he held up his hand to the woman. "Wait, (Y/N). I need to talk to you guys first." (Y/N) frowned as she watched the cyborg sit on the floor. "So there's this island that's always at war..."

"Wait stop. I don't care. If you're here to tell bedtime stories, go bother someone else." Sanji quickly sassed the man.

"Shut UP! This is important, listen!" Franky finally caught everyone's attention in the room. "For years, fire has rained on that island. Death and destruction are the only things that its people know. Houses burned down, cities fall to ruin. There's no place to run from all the chaos! And in the mist of all this madness, there's a single tree.. No matter what happens, it never falls. And no matter how much the island is destroyed it's people gather around it and build it all up again. It's the strongest tree in the world. As far as anyone knows, only a few exist. It's known as the Jewel Tree."

"Okay. So what?" Chopper tilted his head in confusion.

"Every so often a piece of wood from that tree shows up on the Black Market." (Y/N) looked at Franky in confusion by his words. "I've wanted one for a long time now, but the going price is 200 million berries. Too expensive for me. That is... until a bunch of pirates showed up, waving their money around and begging me to take it."

"BASTARD!" Sanji yelled at the cyborg. "You use are money to buy some stupid log and then you brag about it?!"

"I told you, SHUT UP!" Franky slammed his fists into the ground making (Y/N) jump a bit. The woman stared in shock to see Franky bowing his head at the crew. "A long time ago, I told myself I was done building ships for the rest of my life. And yet, I couldn't help but follow in the footsteps of my old master... and soon enough I found myself designing a ship. Now my hope.. is to use that special wood to build it. To put all my heart into one last ship. A ship of dreams that can sail across any sea! I've had the blueprints for ages. Now I finally have the wood. All that's left is to make it. So... what I'm saying here. Is that it would be my honor if you take my ship... and sails the world!"