Jean: Scott? Scott, NO!

Scott looks over and Duncan punches him. Scott is slammed back into the supports and his glasses are knocked off. His eye beams tear up the ground under the bleachers and Duncan goes flying.

The blast gets very close to a propane tank near the field and it explodes, causing a huge explosion. Meanwhile, Jean is standing there watching this with a horrified look on her face.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

============================================================

An ambulance and police have arrived. Someone removes Duncan's helmet.

Medical person: Take it easy, son. Try not to move.

Duncan moans.

Cop: What happened here?

Duncan: My head... can't remember.

Medical person: Concussion, he's been hit hard. So, what do you think happened here?

Cop: Hmmm. Well, it looks to me like...

Prof X concentrates from inside his car, changing the cop's thoughts.

Cop: Of course. There must have been a leak in that propane tank.

Under the bleachers Jean approaches the fire.

Jean: It's too hot to touch, At least with my hands.

Jean uses her telekinesis to lift some burning boards and lifts Scott's glasses into her hand. Scott is sitting on the ground, legs pulled up to his chest, eyes shut.

Jean: Are you OK?

Jean puts Scott's glasses on him.

Scott: Jean! Oh, man, I...

Jean: Shh, I know. Listen, you better split.

At the field, Jean runs over to Duncan who is lying on a stretcher.

Jean: Duncan, are you all right?

Duncan: Sure, Jean. You know me, skull like concrete.

He taps the side of his head.

Duncan: Owwww!

Jean: Aw, You poor baby.

Jean is walking by the stretcher going to the hospital. Scott is watching from beside the bleachers. His shoulders are hunched. Toad approaches.

Toad: Thanks, Summers. I mean really. Y'know?

Scott: Sure.

He leaves. Toad crouches down. A fly buzzes around him. He eyes it for a moment then Scccclup! No more fly. Prof X talking to Storm, also in the car.

Prof X: Things are under control here. But we'd better hurry. We have a train to catch.

At the Bayville train station. Prof X waits with Storm. A blond kid gets off.

Storm: Kurt?

Prof X: That's not Kurt.

He Looks toward a different exit.

Prof X: This is.

Kurt gets off the train. He is wearing a robe that covers him completely. In the mountains we are introduced to Jacob Howllet speeding down the road, An Agent in hot pursuit. Agent gains ground, both hunter and quarry racing past 100 MPH.