Hyunjin sighed, massaging his temple, feeling the stress mount from Jisung's deliberately annoying demeanor. Jisung often acted this way when uninterested or when teasing someone to push their buttons.

"My parents arranged a date for me," he started, watching as Jisung's expression contorted into mock joy.

"Oh, really? Congratulations, when's the wedding?" Jisung's words oozed sarcasm, teasing Hyunjin enough to nearly toss him out of the window of his 14th-floor office.

Hyunjin groaned in frustration. "No, Jisung! I called you here because I need you to go on the date in my place!" He finally voiced his true reason, wanting to sidestep Jisung's disinterested comments.

Jisung nearly choked on his candy at Hyunjin's request, leaning forward as his eyes widened in disbelief.

"WHAT THE FUCK? ME? ON A DATE?" He exclaimed incredulously, the candy making his words stumble.

"You just have to have dinner and talk with the girl; it's not a big deal," Hyunjin stated nonchalantly.

"If it's not a big deal, then why don't you go yourself?" Jisung protested, bewildered at the absurdity of the suggestion.

Hyunjin reclined in his chair with a sigh. "I'm not interested, okay?! And you probably know the reason why..." his voice trailed off into a whisper.

Jisung slumped in his seat. "So, who's the girl?" he asked, rolling his eyes, which prompted Hyunjin to lift his head, relieved that Jisung was finally showing some interest.

"I don't exactly know who she is, but my mom mentioned she's from one of the families that own WNNB ENT," Hyunjin responded.

"So, what exactly do I have to do...?" Jisung inquired, his brow furrowed, still astounded that he had agreed to this ludicrous scheme.

"My mom mentioned to them that she's meeting the son of the CEO of #Lovestay Corp. to pique the girl's interest or whatever. Anyways, I need you to pretend to be me," Hyunjin explained.

"Additionally, ensure that my reputation remains untarnished. But, make it evident to her that I'm not interested, so we won't have to meet again," he added.

"But won't they realize I'm not you?" Jisung questioned skeptically.

"With how private my family keeps my public appearances, I doubt they will," Hyunjin shrugged.

"Fine, but don't think I'm not asking for something in return," Jisung grumbled.

"How about I arrange a job for you as a producer at WNNB ENT.? The girl is one of the owners, so it shouldn't be an issue," Hyunjin proposed, a mischievous glint in his eye.

"Tempting, but no," Jisung declined.

Hyunjin groaned, racking his brain for other offerings. "You can choose anything from our business—clothes, makeup, fragrances," he suggested.

"I'm literally a model for your fashion brand. Everything I wear comes from your company, so no," Jisung pointed out.

Jisung, whose full name was Han Jisung, had been Hwang Hyunjin's childhood best friend. Their families shared a prestigious background and maintained a close friendship. While Jisung didn't hold a particular interest in business, he worked as a model for Hyunjin's family business. He cherished his role but also aspired to pursue a career as a producer, largely influenced by his father, a prominent figure in the music industry.

Hyunjin, the heir of their longstanding family business, harbored a deep passion for art, especially in the realm of fashion. He often crafted designs for their business, consistently choosing Jisung as his model whenever his creations were approved.

Standing up from the couch, Jisung stretched his limbs. "We'll discuss my demands after the date, as my darling Delancy must be lonely waiting at home," he quipped, already making his way to the door.

Hyunjin snickered at Jisung's remark as the latter exited. Just before swinging the door open, Jisung glanced back with a smirk. "Make sure she's worth my time," he added, stepping out.

"Asshole," Hyunjin muttered under his breath the moment Jisung left, though a subtle smile tugged at the corners of his lips, unable to suppress the amusement.

As Jisung stepped out, the bespectacled male greeted him with a bow, and Jisung reciprocated the gesture. The male then walked ahead of Jisung, leading him around the building.

Jisung's eyes fixated on the male's back, scrutinizing him like an eagle.

"What seems to be the problem, Mr. Han?" the male asked, his tone flat.

"Oh, nothing," Jisung replied, flashing a small smile even though the male couldn't see it as his gaze remained fixed forward.

Silence enveloped them before Jisung decided to break it.

"Is Hyunjin good in bed with you?" he shamelessly asked, causing the male to halt, to which jisung followed suit.

"Mr. Han, we agreed not to discuss personal matters in the workplace," the male spoke sternly.

A smirk danced on Jisung's lips as he crossed his arms, his hips jutting out.

"Come on, Seung. I know Hyunjin's reluctance for the date involves you. Since I'm taking responsibility for both of you, the least you could do is let me know if he's any good," Jisung explained, maintaining his casual demeanor.

Kim Seungmin, Hwang Hyunjin's personal assistant, released a deep sigh, adjusting his glasses with his index finger, giving in to Jisung's request. "Yes, he's good. Satisfied?" His tone oozed annoyance, but did Jisung care? Absolutely not. That's just how much of a little shit he could be.

Resuming his lead, Seungmin walked ahead, and Jisung trailed close behind, snickering. Eventually, Jisung caught up to Seungmin, and the two walked side by side.

Jisung unlocked his phone, and Seungmin glanced at the screen.

"Delancy, huh?" Seungmin remarked with a scoff.

Jisung flashed a tender smile, gazing at his screen with evident affection.

Displayed on his phone was a black ragdoll cat, peacefully curled up on its bed.

"Yes, my dear Delancy," Jisung chimed in a sing-song voice.