Chapter 14

"What are those, Nello?"

Leonello chuckled. "Those are the punishments that people wanted for their harassers, baby. Want to read some with me?"

I uncurled my arms from around his shoulders, then hopped over the back of the couch. Leonello laughed when he bounced and managed to stabilize the small box on his lap before it turned over. I settled at his left side and took a few envelopes, but I just held them in one hand while I watched Leonello taking notes.

"What's wrong?"

My line of sight darted to my oldest boyfriend's face. "Nello, may I ask you a question?"

"Sure, baby."

I grasped his left hand, so he smiled and raised my knuckles to his lips. My face warmed at the feeling of his calloused fingers gently rubbing the back of mine. His dark eyes focused on my face, his long eyelashes making me feel strange. And the way Leonello's short hair fell across his forehead and brushed his eyelashes had my heart pounding. His olive skin was warm, so I felt warmer in turn.

"Baby?" he murmured, a rougher sound to his deep voice. "What's wrong? Is another bastard bothering you at work? I can't imagine that would be the case after what happened at the company dinner Monday evening."

I shook my head. "It's not that, Nello. I was just taken aback by your good looks."

Leonello paused, then turned his head and coughed into his right fist. Although I'm not certain, it looked like his neck and ears had turned bright red. That made me want to smile, so I did and my boyfriend was visibly blushing when he realized I knew he was shy. Leonello is surprisingly adorable.

"But my question is a little hard to ask..." I whispered, so Leonello set aside the envelopes to tug me onto his lap. "Will you promise to hear me out?"

"I promise, baby."

I hummed as he rubbed his cheek on my head like a cat, then giggled when he playfully munched on my cheeks. Leonello cupped the back of my head, quietly reassuring me that he would listen and wouldn't leave me alone.

Lucian is currently on a two-day business trip that started today, but he'll be back sometime Saturday morning. Jamar is dealing with a client today, although he'll be back late tonight. In my case, I am staying in the De Niro brothers' apartment with Leonello.

"Nello, u-um, am I a bad person for not minding that Lu wanted to kill those people?"

Leonello stopped kissing my face, just leaving his lips on my left temple. His grip tightened slightly, but his heartbeat had quickened. Was he upset or nervous? Maybe neither?

"He told you that, huh?" murmured Leonello, petting my head. "Honestly, I'm of the same mind as my brother. Does that make you feel bad at all?"

I shook my head as I denied it. "Instead, it makes me happy. Am I a little twisted? Because this probably isn't how a normal person thinks, Nello."

"No, it's not normal in civil society." he replied quietly, his hands trembling slightly. "But it is normal in the underground one."

My eyebrows hopped up as I reached for his face. Leonello's jaw quivered as I slipped my fingers over his cheekbones and tucked my ring fingers behind his ears. His chocolate-brown eyes darted around as if he was too anxious to meet my gaze.

"What aren't you telling me, Nello?" I whispered, brushing my lips against his own.

My boyfriend swallowed thickly, his grip tightening around my waist. He wetted his lips and quietly groaned when I caught his tongue between my teeth. I turned to face Leonello and rested my ass on his lap, so I felt his bulge rising to the occasion. But I was very much the same as our kiss deepened. I licked his tongue and stroked his warm cheeks with my face on fire.