Chapter 12

On the way to my floor, my foot was stepped on hard by a narrow heel. That made me wince, but my knees took the brunt of my fall after I was tripped by someone on the way out of the elevator. I heard laughter as I slowly got up, but I didn't respond. I wanted to let out an evil laugh, but I knew it would sound stupid.

As the De Niro brothers had promised me, there would be a company dinner tonight where the crimes of the employees who hurt me would be on display. Every employee who is available to come has mandatory attendance, so that meant the employees out of state and overseas did not have to attend. Apparently, even the De Niro Industries' business partners were invited, which made me feel giddy about seeing my bullies' faces pale.

Most people were very excited because it had been at least six months since the last company dinner. I was concerned I might get anxious around hundreds of people, but my boyfriends promised I would be around one of them at all times. That made me feel better.

Those reassurances gave me the mental boost I needed to keep my morale up. I had to endure this last bit of bullying since I will get the last laugh in the end. But I can't deny my day here has been a little lonely so far.

Jamar is busy with his organization of the dinner costs, Lucian is up to his shoulders with getting every crime listed with proof of them ready for this evening, and Leonello has been out of the office doing other company-related work that had something to do with our revenge.

As for myself, I'm just continuing to do my job as my boyfriends' secretary. I keep track of schedules, take calls from clients to pass to my bosses, jot notes for later reading, and deliver important general or classified paperwork to intended parties on different floors.

When I got tripped earlier, I was on the way back from eating lunch outside the company at a nearby café. I didn't want a repeat of what happened last Friday with those nasty coworkers and my hot soup. At the small café, I enjoyed the lunch special of a bowl of tomato soup with a grilled cheese sandwich and a small side salad—all of which were absolutely delicious.

"Ollie, what's making you smile so cutely?"

I looked up at Jamar and grinned as he leaned on the side of my desk, so I unreservedly and unashamedly reached for him to curl down more. I ignored the soft gasps of my coworkers and giggled quietly as Jamar peppered my face with kisses.

"I missed you, Jam." I whispered, pecking his cheeks before meeting his soft, full lips. "Did you eat?"

"Not yet, but I guess you have?" he asked, then pouted after I nodded and told him about why I was smiling. "I should have expected that."

"Sorry, Jam, but I do have this for you."

Jamar waited patiently while I unlocked one of my desk drawers, then his breath hitched when I put an insulated lunchbox (from his apartment) in his hands. He looked at me with amazement, but confusion quickly appeared after his words and kisses of thanks.

"Wait, when did you have time to make this back home?"

I grinned. "I woke up pretty early. I have one for Lu and Nello if they want and or need it."

Jamar sucked in a breath and set the lunchbox on my desk to give me a big hug. I smiled happily as I returned his firm squeeze.

"Thank you, Ollie. That's so sweet." he murmured, kissing my right ear. "But why didn't you make your own and tell us sooner so we could eat with you?"

I buried my face into the junction of his neck and shoulder, taking a moment to enjoy the subtle scent of his cologne before giving him my answer. Jamar wasn't bothered because he was casually slipping his fingers under my cardigan and shirt to get to my bare skin.