𝗳𝗶𝘃𝗲. ( 𝖿𝖺𝗆𝗈𝗎𝗌 )

Start from the beginning

mia's jaw slacked, "eh-'scuse me?"

she opened her mouth to say that it wasn't a big deal, but a horn had interrupted her before she could.

"laci!" it was the triplets. matt heading his head peaking out, his arm resting on the rolled down window.

"hey, what are you guys doing here?"

matt shrugged, "just going for a ride."

chris and nick yelled out from inside the car, "hi, lace!" laci waved in response.

"what are you guys up to?" matt asked.

mia shrugged as if it weren't a big deal, "laci's gonna go near thousand-volt wires in water to save lila's stuffed bunny."

"you're what?!"

laci rolled her eyes, "guys, i'm trying to tell you-"

it was as if the world was plotting against her, because another voice had interrupted her. except this time it was the voice of her ex boyfriend. "hey, what's goin' on over here?"

"oh, jesus christ..." laci pinched the bridge of her nose.

erica sighed, "not that it's any of your business, cheater, but laci's risking her life for a stuffed animal."

bryce chuckled, "no she's not...no you're not." when he focused back on laci, she was already walking towards the boat. nick, matt, and chris stepped out of the car, and everyone was now watching the girl with worried looks on their faces.

"laci marie, get down from there!" mia hollered.

"yeah, seriously, it's not funny, lace." matt added.

laci giggled, stepping onto the fallen tree trunk. "relax, guys, i'm an athlete."

as she made her way over to the boat, balancing on the wood; the teenagers watching yelled after her.

laci paused, turned around, and shimmied. "laci, that's not funny." bryce spoke sternly.

"oh, shut up." she waved him off.

"dang..." chris and nick whispered together.

as laci neared the boat, she turned around to look at lila with a smile, "i see her!"

mia gave erica an incredulous look, "is she serious?"

lila cupped her hands over her mouth, "be careful, laci!"

because of her experience in gymnastics, laci was perfectly fine. it also helped knowing that she was in absolutely no danger, because the wires were disconnected. she smirked as a lightbulb went off in her head. slowly, she reached down into the boat and let out a squeal, excessively flailing around as she fell into the boat.

"laci!" everyone shouted at once.

mia and nick had both covered their eyes, chris covered his mouth as he let out a girly scream, lila gripped erica's arm, erica bit down on her lip harshly, and bryce had stepped back in fear that something may happen to him. like a tree falling or something. matt, however, had ran towards the edge of the water, ready to step onto the tree and go after her.

but before he could, laci's melodious giggle filled the tense air. they watched as she held up the snapped wire, her head peaking just above the edge of the boat. "it's disconnected—" she let out a loud laugh.

"fucking hell, laci." matt ran a hand over his face.

"i'm good..." laci wheezed, small giggles escaping her plump lips. "i'm good, guys."