Chapter 11 : the station

Author's POV

The (h/c) haired girl was not aware of the weird expressions people made seeing a woman in cop outfit rushing to God knows what, nor she cared, all she could think of was the last call she received from Ranpo.

Normally she wouldn't bother, she would just hang up on Ranpo assuming it was another unimportant matter exaggerated by him.

'but his tone seemed different' she thought to herself while running, that was simply what prevented her from ignoring the matter. Her face red face as her body temperature had risen up enough, the sweat rolling down her forehead made her consider to even throw her hat.

Finally she reached the location the detective had sent her, took her near a minute to catch her breathe and calm down, she let go of her knees as she stood straight.

"The train... station...?"

She blinked realizing where she was, for a second she thought she had came to a wrong destination, before a loud, oh-so-familiar voice pierced her ears.

"Heyy! (Y/n)! This way this way!"

There he was, the spiky haired detective who made her leave her shift out of blue and run all the way there. Being more confused than irritated, the cop found herself walking towards the detective.

She observed Ranpo from head to toes, there was no sign of any injury, no signs of him being chased by someone or under threat, it was his usual.

'wait...so he just...?'

Interrupting her own thoughts she cleared her throat as she stood two feet away from Ranpo "i knew you would come!" He beamed proudly, adding to her rising frustration "I'm waiting for the emergency, Mr bEst detective" she folded her arms, forcing a smile out of irritation but eventually failed.

"Right! The emergency!" He raised his arm to match his tone, before lowering it down to his chin "the emergency part is.....

I'm lost!" He sheepishly smiled closed eyes, acting innocent. The girl cop in front of him was facepalmed "..... you...made me fly from my work over here...to tell me you're lost...?" She pressed her teeth "hOw exactly you're lost?" She took off her hat, ruffling her hair to ease her irritation.

"Well you see, I've barely been outside by myself, and I've never taken a train alone, so I didn't know what to do that was when it hit me that I was lost and then I called you to-" the cop girl put on her hat as Ranpo was explaining with an innocent smile, but she was already done with his clumsiness, she interrupted him by shoving a snack into his mouth, shutting him up, she had used so much force that he fell on the ground.

She noticed the angry expression Ranpo made as he was about to complain before noticing the sweet piece in his mouth as his while mood switched. He could feel flowers in the background.

"Two birds with one stone, you owe me one, bEst detective" she sighed, dusted her shoulder.

"You'fe amaphing (you're amazing) (Y/n)!" He exclaimed munching on his snack

"Swallow before you speak" she rolled her eyes, but would lie if she said she wasn't enjoying it.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Everything from out the window seemed to be moving smoothly slowly while the train was at its fast speed. The cop girl checked her phone from time to time with an uneasy expression on her face.

"Hm? Something's wrong?" Asked the detective who was sitting beside her on the train, biting on his snack "why it is! You just dragged me to your oh-so-emergency event, then forced me to accompany you on your secretive mission now I have unconsciously abandoned my job mid time and am on a train I have no idea where it's going!" She scuffed irritatedly, ruffled her hair under her hat.

"Heeeh now that's interesting, you're kinda like Poe-kun!" He cooed "What!?" She gazed at him unbelievably, about to say something when she was interrupted "actually, you don't have to be worried about your job" he said, playing with a marble he had pulled out of nowhere, (Y/n)'s confusion didn't last long as Ranpo added

"Because this is related to your job too" the nonchalance in his tone was suddenly gone as seriousness took over him "how?" The cop raised a brow, no sign of her earlier irritation.

"You'll see once we're there"

~~~~~~~Detective's trouble~~~~~~~

The detective and the cop walked down the street to an alley, the farther they walked, the darker and narrower the alley got. The cold breeze seemed cheerful as it played with (Y/n)'s bun and Ranpo's cape, they nearly hit the deadend when Ranpo stopped on his tracks, and so did (Y/n)

"So? You dragged me all the way here? What are you up to, Mr bEst detective?" She hissed, folded her arms, she was done with Ranpo's tactics for the day "you still haven't gotten over that nickname? It's good!" He smiled widely in pride, the girl pouted.

"Let me guess, you're meeting someone here right?"

"Correct!"

"Then make it quick! I can't sneak my job this much!"

"No worries, he already showed up" Ranpo smirked, the cop raised a brow before following Ranpo's gaze to the deadend, a man just exited the store, his hair neatly brushed, had a formal suit on, the color of his suit seemed like a leaf in the dullness of the alley; the man turned around, smiling closed eyes, he sure seemed satisfied with something that he had not noticed Ranpo and his assistant. He was someone (Y/n) had not seen before.

As the cop was observing him, he opened his eyes to see the familiar person four feet away from him along with someone he didn't know, he almost choked on his breath "What on the earth-!? Tch, you again? What is it this time? And, who is she?" He glanced at him in wonder, but was more pissed if anything.

Ranpo's smirk grew wider "it's been a while,

Oguri Mushitarou-kun"

_________________

Author's note : Hi there! Happy new year! It's been a long time! I hope you all still follow this book and I apologize for not updating for too long that some of you might have forgotten the plot ; but fortunately I'm motivated enough to update now so better reread (if you have forgotten about the previous chapters) because this book is just getting to the main plot!

I hadn't updated for long so I hope I wrote well enough now ^^ thank you for reading!

Icy__iris