Chapter thirteen.

Chapter thirteen, Do the Right-est Thing

"FOOTBALLED TO DEATH."

    "I'M THINKING JAMIE SHOULD BE ON THE RESERVE TEAM," She mused absentmindedly, lifting her foot slightly in the air and then plopping it back into the water

"I'M THINKING JAMIE SHOULD BE ON THE RESERVE TEAM," She mused absentmindedly, lifting her foot slightly in the air and then plopping it back into the water. The once steaming bath was turning tepid, and they both had to leave for work soon, but neither one of them made a move to climb out of the clawfoot tub. "Like, for training, you know?"

Ada felt his chest vibrate against her back as he hummed, but Roy offered no verbal response. He just wrapped his arms tighter around her middle and leaned his head down, sinking his sharp teeth into her shoulder.

   "Is that your way of saying it's a good idea?"

"I think you should make him a permanent second-teamer. Keep him humble." He mumbled, pressing soft kisses to the shallow indent now marking her damp flesh.

Ada rolled her eyes, "Roy."

     London had called two nights ago (a mere day after Jamie's first training session) to let her know that the matter of his contract was settled and that he could now publicly reclaim his position as Richmond's striker. The official news hit yesterday, and whilst fans and media outlets were beyond thrilled, the team itself was not.

They'd been hoping that this was all a temporary lapse in judgment, that Ted Lasso would come to see this decision for what it was; a mistake.

Ada understood their apprehension and their dread. And she understood that her brother passing the ball during that one training session wasn't enough to get him into their good books, not after all that he'd done. But she needed her boyfriend to be supportive, at the very least. If not of Jamie, then of her as she tried to get him acclimated.

    "Fuck," Roy groaned against her neck, cool breath on warm skin. "Okay, yeah, good idea."

    "Really?" She turned her body around to face him, the movement causing water to lap along the bath's rim. "Because I want him to earn his place back, d'you get me?"