3- the club

Holly's pov:

I walked out the restaurant side by side with Lando. My brother shot me a warning look. His words echoed around my head.

'Stay away from the other drivers. I know how trusting you are but you cannot let any of them get under your skin'.

I was only offering Lando a lift, I wasn't connecting with him. I was just being nice. Besides my brother didn't own me and I was my own women. We walked over to the car and I hopped into the drivers seat.

"Umm excuse me? My car, I drive!" said George.

"My brothers car, I can drive too!" I smiled back to him. Lando chuckled as he climbed into the back seat and my brother scowled at me.

I turned on the engine and slammed my foot on the pedal. I sped down the lamplit streets weaving in and out of cars. I wanted to show Lando that he should expect more from me on the track.

"Holly slow down!! You're going way over the limit!" George screamed.

I slowed down not wanting to get into an argument in with him. We'd barely gotten 5 streets away but I knew I'd impressed Lando. A few minutes later we pulled up outside the club. I parked the car next to Lewises and got out.

We entered the club and headed over to the bar where a few of the other drivers were already sitting.

"Can I get a tequila please?" I asked the bartender.

"Did you not wanna do some shots?" Said Lando from behind me.

"I'll just stick with a tequila for now thanks" I replied. When I did shots there was a 99% chance that I'd get carried away and have to be carried out the club by my friends. I did not want the others to see me like that on our first day meeting.

"Suit yourself!" Lando said as he pulled up a chair next to me. "So how does it feel to be the next girl in f1 since 1992?"

"The fact I'm the only girl doesn't bother me, it makes me want to show women are just as capable and motivates me more if anything." I didn't really want to talk too much about myself but I expected questions like that.

It took about an hour for the alcohol to start setting in and after being quizzed by Esteban, Charles and Valterri I'd gotten bored of talking. I pulled Lando up from his seat and over to the dance floor.

The music pounded in my ears as he spun me round. I hadn't had too much to drink so I was still aware of everything I was doing. Unfortunately for me Lando had had more than me. As more time went on, the more we danced. His had slid down from my shoulder and towards my waist. Before his hand had stopped falling someone grabbed my shoulder. It was George.

"I think we should go now!" He said giving me the 'don't push it' look.

Sighing I agreed. We still had to drop Lando back at his hotel. When we got there he thanked us before heading in. Once we'd started driving again I looked over to my brother.

"See nothing happened! You can calm down now."

"I know but if I hadn't have stepped in something might have!"he said.

"George I wasn't gonna let anything happen. Believe it or not I know what I'm doing and anyway Lando seems really nice."

"You say that now but wait till you start racing against him!" George retorted back.