- What happened?  asked Bernadette.
- Nothing, I just told Kocsis to look for someone else, because I'm not… I'm not taking part in this competition - I looked at them. All three stared at the toes of their shoes and didn't ask anything, in fact, they weren't surprised, so I suspected that until   they waited, Lorant told them about the reason of my decision.
We walked silently down on the deserted, quiet corridor towards the stairs. The building echoed with our footsteps, and I walked in silence next to the others while they were talking about the competition. I took it from their words that everyone except me would accept and participate in the National Schools Competition in the colours of Szirtes High School. Everyone seemed particularly enthusiastic about different things.
Bernadette because, she is an athlete, and she's performance and success oriented.
Zsombor because he was proud of being selected for the team as a tenth grader. Lorant because... I couldn't establish that.  Maybe because his calves are muscular.
- Where should we sit down to discuss the details? - asked Lorant from the others.  Bernadette suggested a cafe with air conditioning, so they were all headed there.  I felt a bit like an outsider, so I intentionally walked behind them. I walked down the stairs of the school.
- Hey - Bernadette called back and stopped waiting.  - Are you coming with us?  - she asked. The others also stopped at this and they looked at me with interest.
- Thank you, but no - I replied.
- Okay - she agreed, as if she had really tried everything.
- Hannah, if you're not coming because you withdrew from the competition, then no problem, feel free to come.  You might even change your mind - Lorant opened his arms kindly.
- Thank you, but I can't go... - I began.  - I'm meeting with my dad at the Polytechnic Institution, and I'm already late - I looked at my watch nervously.

- What are you doing there? - Zsombor's eyes sparkled.
- Nothing, we'll just meet there, because dad's finished teaching, and we continue from there.
- Your dad teaches at the Polytechnic school? - he was amazed.
- Yes. In the department of differential equations - I told him.
- Oh my God! -  Zsombor opened his mouth.  - I'm preparing for the Polytechnic! That's all my dreams!  - he said excitedly, and smiling,  I watched his enthusiasm.
- If you'd like, I'll ask him for you to come and visit sometime. You can look around and he will definitely introduce you to some colleagues. I think they will appreciate your robotics competition results - I offered.
Zsombie looked so shocked that he even forgot to blink.
- Are you serious?
- Sure - I shrugged, because I thought, for me it doesn't take long, and apparently he would be very happy with it.
- Oh my god, thank you so much! You are such a good person, Hannah. I'm sorry you can't come to the competition.  But I understand why not. I mean... Lorant told me.  And... - he searched for the words, but apparently he was so embarrassed at the touch of the subject that he could not finish the sentence, he just mumbled, so I decided to help him.
- I'll ask my dad when can you come in - I said.
- Thank you - he looked into my eyes sincerely.
- Differentiate what?  Lorant got stuck. 
- It's not important - I waved, smiling.

All four of us left the building, and after the semi-darkness of the school, we were almost blinded by the sparkling June sun. Lorant took out his phone and called someone.
- Dude! Listen, I'm taking part in the National Schools Competition - he shouted into the phone.
- The what? - someone asked back on the phone, loud enough for us to hear.
- Well, this is a competition that I don't know where it will be and what is needed to do on it, because they didn't tell me that, but they are sending me too! We also got a red sweater. Yeah, I know it sucks, but that's supposed to be the rule.  Anyway, listen, because of NACS, I won't be in the gym for two weeks - Lorant tried to explain what is it about.
- NASC - I tried to help him out in a whisper, but he didn't pay attention to me, he was concentrating too much on the conversation.
- Okay, we'll talk about it tonight at training!  But you hear me, I was chosen because of my calves. I told you that a few days leg days are necessary - he said   enthusiastically.
- Listen! - Zsombi was also looking at his phone. - The school published the post about the competition - he said, while all three of them set off.
I lingered in silence, looking after them and then I walked in the other direction. The company's loud conversation echoed in the otherwise empty neighborhood, and before
they would turn into the other street, I looked at them once more, then I turned back and continued in the opposite direction.
In the hot sun, I hastily took out my phone and I looked at the school website.