three.

༺ Ꮺ ꒱ 🎞 ও

After the announcements Judith followed in pursuit of Casca Highbottom to his office. It was not a public secret that he was known for his love of morphine, even earning the name High-as-a-kite Bottom. Through mutual the two had formed a somewhat friendship, the word to strong even for Judith. Rather an understanding.

Judith walked into his office, not caring enough to even knock as she found him seated by his desk with an empty vile of morphine. "Eight? You gave me district eight. Is this some form of punishment?" she took the seat in front of his chair, swiping the empty vial of out his hand. Unamused as Casca continued to read the papers on his desk

"I was under the impression that you didn't care for the games. Why is the girl from eight such a problem?"

Because she was a child, Judith thought to herself. "You could have given me someone from district one of two." Judith replied "You realize how my mother will react if I have to announce that I got someone from the poorer districts."

"No, how will she react?" Casca held the tip of pen to his bearded chin, the glint of amusement in his eyes "You are more than welcome to make a victor out of this one."

"You're not being funny." Judith retorted, her nail digging into the skin of thumb "I don't even care much for these games so why make put that focus on me making this girl a victor. I'd be better with one or two, they'll fight with or without my help."

Casca scoffed at her statement "Maybe this is why you were given eight." He said taking another bottle of morphine, throwing it to her. Judiths quick reflexes caught it with one hand "You've gotten lazy." he continued "You know, you've always been a star pupil, my personal favorite in fact but as of recently your grades have been slipping, which tells me you no longer care for this institution. Why is that?"

The truth? The truth is that I see no reason for the games anymore, Judith told herself. The districts no longer had the advantage of cutting off the Capitol of food and distribution. This her father had made sure of.

She remembered as a child hiding in the bunker of their penthouse as a slaughtering continued in the streets of the capitol. Her and her mother alone, as Calix had volunteered to sent out to the districts with his newly formed militant group.

The peacekeepers.

When Calix returned home, he was a hero. Fending of the savages of the districts, a helping hand in the destruction of what was district thirteen. When he returned home, he swore to Judith that there would never be another rebellion. She believed him.

"I don't see the point of any of this." Judith confessed, not a complete lie but also not a complete truth "Being a mentor, the academy, the university- none of this is important to me. The war is over, the districts know their place. I only joined the academy to irritate my mother and keep her at bay of-" of finding her a husband "Nothing of all of this affects me, so why should I care about grades?"