2 : Returning to Seoul

Comenzar desde el principio

From there I had the amazing view of the skyscrapers of Gangnam and its beautiful coastline. This was the advantage of living in a penthouse. From above I could see the busy traffic of that hour, people walking from one side to the other, cars driving tirelessly, and I could hear honks and people talking loudly. At least it wasn't worse than NY. I heard the annoying sound of my phone, and walked into the living room, grabbing the small device from the table. The number was unknown to me, but it had the Gangnam area code.

"Hello?"

"I would like to speak with Minji Kim, please." I heard a very familiar voice sound from the other side of the phone, and I couldn't believe it.

"Who's this?" I asked with slight doubt.

"An old friend, and a very hot one as well." I smiled, it was impossible not to know who it was.

"Shin?"

"You didn't forget my voice, am I right, Kim?!" I could swear that she was smiling.

"How could I forget, right?" I said with a smile on my face.

Shin Ryujin was none other than my childhood best friend. By her side, I committed the craziest things in my life. We were inseparable friends, we were always together, for everything. Ryu was always my rock, she was with me in the most difficult and complicated moments of my life; some people even used to say that we had something more than friendship, since she never hid that she liked women, but we definitely never had anything besides one kiss after a wild night. But our plans made us travel different paths, and it's been several years since I last saw her, and I confess that I've missed her a lot.

"I heard that you returned to Gangnam today, and I'm calling to know where you live!" She said laughing.

"God, Minji, I miss you so so much!" Her voice sounded a little melancholic.

"I miss you so much, too, Ryu. How did you get my number?"

"It's a secret, I have my sources." She said smugly.

"Okay, come see me, I'm living in my apartment in Cheongdam."

"Is that your way of showing that you're a millionaire?"

I couldn't help but laugh, Ryujin was always joking, always smiling. Being around her was synonym of fun and good laughs.

"Obviously not, but you know that I've always wanted to live here, and now I can." I said a bit smugly.

"You are such a bitch. I'm going to finish some things here, and then I'll meet you there. I want you looking really sexy." She said, to then hang up.

While Ryujin didn't show up, I took a nice whirlpool bath. I was tired from an exhausting day of travel, after all, going from Paris to Seoul wasn't that much fun, because of jet lag.

It was almost dark when I heard the sound of the door-bell. I got up from my comfortable bed and went to answer it, it was her.

"Oh my God, Kim, you look so hot!" She exclaimed as she hugged me tightly.

I laughed in her tight embrace.

"I'm glad you didn't lose your awesome personality. You look beautiful!" I said, hugging her tightly too.

"Come on in, make yourself comfortable."

We talked for hours in the living room of my apartment, Ryujin told me everything that happened after I left. She graduated in advocacy and was now working in one of the best law firms in Gangnam; and I would of course try to persuade her to come work for Kim Industry. She told me that she dated Hwang Yeji for a few years, who was our third inseparable friend from the old times, and I wasn't surprised, it was no secret that Ryu and Yeji were in love with each other since college, but Ryu's slutty way always screwed things up.