It's So Lonely In My Mansion

(SUMMARY: Johnny has been feeling down lately so he invites Kenshi over. Kenshi wants to know what he can do to help Johnny. Well, he certainly does help him, just not in a way that neither of them was expecting.)

Lately, Johnny hasn't been feeling like himself. He doesn't know why, so he decided to take a small break from his career. He had first tried to get right back to his Johnny Cage life after a few day's break. He figured he wasn't in the right mind for it just yet. He even tried getting comfort from beautiful people a few times. Even that felt somewhat different.

Don't get him wrong, he'd enjoy himself. Hell, he was in the presence of gorgeous women and men. Though, someplace deep in his heart, something felt off. Things would stop before they even started. So he decided to take a few weeks for himself. He also didn't have any distracting parties either, believe it or not. That brings us to this particular night. One where he feels his mind race non-stop but also feels like it's going nowhere.

He lies in his bed for no particular reason. Apparently just passing the time at this point. He feels lonely, but he doesn't want the company of anyone. At least he doesn't think he does. He feels he's gone a little crazy as he stares up at his ceiling. His thoughts repeating more or less the same thing this past hour.

I want someone close. I want someone near me, but who? He sighs and closes his eyes. He tries to sleep this uncomfortable feeling off. Not even a minute passes when his brain imagines somebody's blurry figure. Confused and a little intrigued, Johnny focuses on that distant figure until it slowly becomes clearer.

Seems like a man's build with short hair. As he focuses more on it, he notices this man wearing a blindfold. It now becomes crystal clear. Johnny sits up a little caught off guard but weirdly excited. His eyes widen, and he calls out, "Kenshi?"

Well, I haven't seen him in a while. Maybe I could call him to come over for a few drinks. Maybe he'll agree and keep me company. I do want to see him. Johnny makes up his mind to do just that. He looks around for his phone. He grabs it from his nightstand and starts to dial him.

Kenshi doesn't have much work these days.  He hasn't had many things to do so he's been hanging around at home. He sometimes goes out with friends whenever they ask. These few days he's been listening to audiobooks. He had just started one not long ago after he had showered earlier. He now sits on his couch comfortably listening, he's only a few chapters in.

Suddenly his phone rings with its ringtone, then calls out the name of the caller. The name Johnny rings out from it. Kenshi turns to grab it and stops the audiobook to answer. "Hello?" Johnny is relieved that he answered but also oddly nervous. What's the problem? I've asked people to come over to my place for drinks all the time. What's different this time?

Johnny clears his throat, "Why hello Sexy Face 2!" Kenshi chuckles at such a nickname. "Hello, Johnny. How are you doing?" Hearing his voice through the phone makes Johnny freeze. Oh, how he's missed hearing this voice. He pulls himself together.

"'I'm doing alright. Hey buddy listen. Would you care to come over for a few drinks tonight?" Kenshi thinks it over, It has been a little while since we've seen each other. Hmm, this audiobook can wait. He smiles, "Sure, I'll be on my way soon." Johnny seems to beam back to life, he smiles brightly. "Awesome, I'll see you soon Kenshi."

"See you soon Johnny." Johnny puts his phone away and gets up to freshen himself up. He feels a little more lively after that call. Why? He doesn't know and he doesn't think much of it. He then heads to his living room to tidy up a little and brings some alcoholic drinks onto the coffee table. He sits on his couch waiting for Kenshi.