Hidden Inventory

Third pov.

"In addition to that, three-grade school kids went missing on their way home from school. There's also a high chance the families, police, colleagues, and friends who trace the oaths of those who disappeared will reach the mansion and become victims themselves. We have to sever the root of this issue as soon as possible." Utahime finished explaining as they were getting closer to their destination. Mei stopped tapping her phone at the same time Asumi took her final bite of the lollipop.

"HQ sent us to investigate because they reached the same conclusion. They're even paying my fees, which aren't cheap."

"Did you overcharge them again?" Asumi asked.

"You make it sound so bad. Call it negotiation." Mei replied.

"We're here." The driver announced.

"Let's go, then."

Presidents home-

"Emerge from darkness, blacker than darkness. Purify that-" Asumi cut Utahime off walking past her and tapping her shoulder while yawing.

"Yawn~...There's no need for a veil." Utahime stopped confused.

"Huh?"

"I don't sense the presence of any curses, it's just the inside of the building. We should be fine unless we end up attacking it from outside." Asumi explained waiting at the front steps with Mei.

'...True.' Utahime thought looking at them opening the door first.

"It's unlocked. Seems like something blocking the door." She stepped over the trash, Mei and Asumi following her suit. They walked toward the middle of the room.

"What is all this?" Utahime stepped closer until she stopped feeling the curse.

"Mei-san, Asumi." She called out. Asumi stepped ahead crouching to reach for the flashlight.

"It's here. And it's all around us, too." Mei stated walking towards Asumi.

"Let's get going. We don't need that, but you do, right?" Mei said as Asumi threw the flashlight at her.

"Thank you... All right." Utahime walked with Asumi, every step they each took the floor would creek. They walked towards the stairwell, the big window shining the moonlight at them.

"I-Incredible." Asumi looked at her while Utahime looked amazed.

"What are the odds of us getting jump scared?" Asumi teased getting ideas for later. Utahime looked back and glared at her knowing what she was thinking.

"Don't even think about it!" She bared her teeth at her. Asumi held her hands up, Mei flipped the switch turning the lights on.

"Oh, it still has electricity."

"For now, let's have a look inside the building. I'll take this floor, you take the second floor, Asumi you take the basement." Mei ordered.

"Yes ma'am!" Asumi saluted off to the basement leaving Mei and Utahime behind.

"Huh? All by myself?" She asked surprised.

"Is there a problem with that?" Mei stated looking back at her over her shoulder.

"N-No, i-it's fine. Off you go, then."

"Okay," Utahime muttered to herself. And so they were off, Asumi in the basement, Mei to the first floor, and the second floor to Utahime.