Beomgyu whines in complaint, "Why can't I know now! I'm your best friend, you aren't supposed to keep secrets from me."

Kai lets out a chuckle, amused by Beomgyu's reaction. He always thought his short-temperament was adorable.

"Oh your highness, maybe I'll tell you at your wedding. I believe by then I will have overcome it," he teased. "But for now, it's irrelevant."

Beomgyu huffs, "my wedding? And who could I possibly ever marry."

"Presumably a man named Kang Taehyun?" 

Beomgyu's mind wanders into the idea. Marrying Kang Taehyun would be a dream come true.

After a moment, Kai's sweet voice interrupts his daydream.

"Happiness shines from your eyes when you think of him. You're definitely in love my prince."

"Perhaps I am. If I let him do this to me, what else will I allow?"

Anything, Beomgyu thought to himself.

"That's the thing about love. You allow that person to have the power to destroy you but trusting them not to. Are you ready to take that risk?"

"Absolutely," Beomgyu said without hesitation.

Anything for Kang Taehyun.

-ˋˏ ༻𑁍༺ ˎˊ-

Taehyun is in his shared chamber with Yeonjun. He plops down on his bed releasing a heavy sigh. However, it was a sigh of contentment. He can't stop thinking about the evening he had with Prince Beomgyu.

The sigh alarmed his best friend.

"Is something wrong Taehyun?" Yeonjun asked warily.

Taehyun slightly sits up from his laying position.

"Not at all," he responded with a big grin.

"Then care to share what is on your mind?"

He answers proudly, "last night I had the opportunity to dance with Prince Beomgyu."

Yeonjun gasps in shock and exclaims, "What?! Are you for real?! I didn't know that would be allowed."

Taehyun hums, "neither did I. I actually thought he would reject me however I thought wrongly. He happily accepted my request to dance with me."

Taehyun in fact did not expect the outcome of what happened yesterday evening at the ball. He courageously approached Prince Beomgyu and took a high risk to ask for a dance. And to his surprise, Beomgyu willingly embraced him. It definitely is a moment he will remember for awhile. The pleased smile on his face right now explains it all.

Yeonjun is burning with curiosity so he asks, "how was it even possible? The whole ballroom was heavily guarded and everyone knows you are technically here for Prince Soobin."

"It was late in the evening when most of the guests, plus the King and Queen, have dismissed themselves from the event," Taehyun shrugged.

Yeonjun snorts, "Ah. So you thought that was the perfect opportunity to take your chance with the youngest prince. You're so daring."

Yeonjun is slightly envious on how bold Taehyun can be.

"Precisely and I'm glad I did. Otherwise I wouldn't have found out how he feels about me."

Yeonjun raises his eyebrows with wide-eyes, his expression filled with astonishment.

"And how does he feel about you?"

A self satisfied smirk forms on Taehyun's lips.

"Let's just say I know he's interested me just as much as I am interested in him."

Yeonjun scoffs playfully, "I don't blame him. You're a heartthrob."

They banter for a minute then after their laughter ceases, Taehyun says in a pensive tone, "However, he seemed to be so overwhelmed after confessing. Like he never experienced the feeling before."

"Makes sense. He's been sheltered his entire life then he suddenly gets bombarded with unfamiliar emotions after meeting you."

Taehyun hums, feeling empathetic.

Beomgyu has lived a very isolated existence with no contact with anyone outside of the palace. Most of his interactions has been with the workers, his family and his childhood friend Huening Kai.

Taehyun on the other hand, has a lot of experience from social gatherings whether it were to be at bars or going on meaningless dates. However, he never settled down with anyone because he thought there was never a point if he felt nothing for them.

In spite of that, who knew the first person he would fall in love with would be the youngest prince of their kingdom. Life is a journey with unexpected miracles.

"You love him?"

"Yes," Taehyun answered without missing a beat.

He can confidently say he does without a doubt.

"How do you know?"

Taehyun remains silent, deep in thought. He takes a moment to think about the beautiful prince he effortlessly fell in love with. Then he says, "Because seeing him smile is the only thing I want to see, even if it's not because of me."